Armadillo Triple Bunk - Family of Five - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-07-2020, 02:34 PM   #1

Name: D
Trailer: t@b but in the market
Washington
Armadillo Triple Bunk - Family of Five

Hi,

We are a young family of five (baby, preschooler, and kindergartner) and I've been looking at the Armadillo Triple Bunk floor plan online. I like that it's a smaller camper and we can tow it with our vehicle. Also, it's super cute.

I'm wondering if anyone owns it and has their three kids sleep in the three bunks? Or has toured in person? The bunk space looks tight, but our kids are young and small.

We only would use the camper for storing gear when traveling and to sleep in at night; otherwise, we cook, eat, and play outside all day. For us, camping is being outside, but I do like a warm camper for sleeping. We currently own a T@b, but have out grown it. Our last camping trip we did one adult in a tent with two kids, and one adult in the T@b with the baby. Our kids are too young for me to be comfortable to have them outside in a tent on their own; perhaps later when they are teenagers.

Of course, the other thought we've had is going over to the dark side and getting something like a quad bunk Jayco or other giant non-cute camper trailer. <_<

If anyone has input on the Armadillo triple bunk, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
DMPBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 03:31 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Armadillo Triple Bunk - Family of Five

We are four in a Scamp 13 with double bunks, and I will risk one observation as a non-owner. When we’re confined inside during a rainstorm or an evening that’s just too cold and windy for a campfire, I really like that our bunks fold down to make a second searing area. It allows for different activities at the same time.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:52 AM   #3

Name: Brittany
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
There is a video on YouTube about the Triple Bunk Armadillo-from an owners perspective.

Having small children, such as yours, Id look at a Casita Spirit Standard. The kids would have room to grow and I fear the bunks in the Armadillo are too cramped.

We spend majority of the time outside the camper, but on those rainy days having a place to sit and stretch is a necessity.
bpowell487 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armadillo