BC 72' Boler owner, new to forum - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #1

Name: James
Trailer: 72' Boler
British Columbia
BC 72' Boler owner, new to forum

Hi,

I am a new owner of a 13' 1972 Boler. My little egg was in good condition from the previous owners and road ready when I got it. I've since taken it on a three week trip through northern BC. Canada. Through the rattles, shakes and rain on my trip, I got to see what I need to fix, like a leaky window and battery system not securely in place. Not bad really. My make shift mosquito door worked pretty well, but needs some improvements.

Happy to be on the forum to learn and share with all of you along the way.

James - Vancouver, BC
James N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to the site James. How about a pic of your bug door ?
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #3

Name: James
Trailer: 72' Boler
British Columbia
Hi,
here is the bug screen I created for our boler. I can not take total credit for this as other Boler owners have done something similar and this is where I got the idea. Also, my wife sewed and put it together. Basically it is good quality bug netting we got from a supplier of outdoor gear. As you can see we created a zipper in the middle and the whole thing is velcroed to door frame inside. I didn't want anything permanent and hard to get off if we changed our minds. The velcro is starting to come off from inside in spots and needs some fixing but it works pretty good. We have created a pouched at the bottom that rest on floor to add weights but we did not get around to doing this. The tautness in the screen and velcro keeps it all in place.
In the future, I would like to get the screen door kit I understand you can get order from Scampi.
James
Attached Images

James N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler