Bigfoot 17 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
Jeb

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Bigfoot 17

Greetings all: We are Canadians who have just found an ‘86 Bigfoot 17 footer in decent condition. Two questions - (1) what would be a reasonable price to offer? And (2) what are some suggestions for a suitable tow vehicle under 10,000$? Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.
Jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
It would help if you filled in your profile so that we know where in Canada you are. As in, prices vary by location. I hear there are thousands of trucks for sale in Alberta.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #3
Jeb

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks Glenn ... we live on Vancouver Island ... will do profile shortly
Jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:51 PM   #4

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Google “fiberglass RV 4 sale”. You’ll find all sorts of trailers that are currently for sale or have sold in the past. That should give you an idea of what the typical price range is. For tow vehicle you’ll want something with 5,000 lb tow limit. It’s not that heavy but anything with less towing limit will definitely not have the payload limit you need. As for payload limit...that gets more complicated.

I paid $11,000 Canadian for my 1991. I’d say it was maybe on the high side of of the range for for that year and condition but totally reasonable.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:58 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I figure you luck out then, living on the Island. Head up Island where retirees have had to give up their driver's licences or have moved into a care home or hospice. Most, like my buddy ( now gone ) took very good care of their vehicles.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:47 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler
Registry
I paid $6500 for a 1989 17 footer last year. It was in pretty good condition. This was in Ontario where Bigfoots are rare and not many seem to understand the advantages.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #7

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry

an 1986 would be a "pre-1500 series" trailer....in or around 1988 there was a marked change in the company and it's offerings/methods. (not that there's anything wrong with "pre-1500s...just different things to look for)

with trailers that are 20 and 30 years old....it's all going to be about visual condition, past maintenance(or not), upgrades on systems and/or running gear over the years.....

a good rule of thimb would be if the seller knows his trailer very well, able to explain/detail everything about it....consider it....if he says something like: "Don't know much about trailers but everything seemed to for me."....walk away....fast (estate sales excepted of course)

there are a lot of BF17s on the Island...but you won't find a lot of them for sale at the same time...and they don't stay "for sale" long

I'm in Courtenay....PM me if you want
Attached Thumbnails
17d.jpg   17e.jpg  

Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot