Boler 17ft Insulation Question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
BGS

Name: Barry
Trailer: Boler
bgstraughan@gmail.com
Boler 17ft Insulation Question

Hi, I am Barry and have a 17 ft. Boler that I would like to restore. However I have a few questions.
First does anyone know about how to update the inside foam insulation?
Also is there a video or instructions of anyone taking the the fiberglass trailer off of the frame?
I also saw a picture of how someone was able to make a pull out on the end of the trailer.
This is so interesting and Iam really looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.
BGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Welcome to this FGRV site. You'll find loads of assistance here, as I have already done. It is an amazing source. I have just removed the 13' Boler body off it's frame; and had the frame sandblasted and painted. My new axle, with brakes is on order, and I'm now reviewing the various suggested ways to refasten the frame and body back together. Keep in touch and we'll learn together.
bullfrogeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:15 PM   #3
BGS

Name: Barry
Trailer: Boler
bgstraughan@gmail.com
Boler 17ft Insulation Question

Thanks for responding. Will others see our correspondence as well or will it only be between us. I would like to do this so everyone who wants can provide their input.
Did you take pics when you removed the trailer? If so maybe you could post them of direct me to where you might have seen some.
Do you know where to get the specs for the 17 ft Boler (or is it the 18 ft.)
BGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
FG body removal from Boler Frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS View Post
Thanks for responding. Will others see our correspondence as well or will it only be between us. I would like to do this so everyone who wants can provide their input.
Did you take pics when you removed the trailer? If so maybe you could post them of direct me to where you might have seen some.
Do you know where to get the specs for the 17 ft Boler (or is it the 18 ft.)
Back to Barry - 1. Anyone accessing this thread will see both sides of our conversation. S0 - Anyone so similarly interested is free, and encouraged, to participate.
2. Sorry, I didn't take pics of my own stages of removing my 13' Boler FG body from its 42 year old frame. But, it was a PITA removing the 14 'lag-type' screws and washers. For instance I had to remove one entire rear bed/bench assembly, as well as the entire front gaucho assembly merely to FIND two of the &%$^# screws that were located 'beneath' the supporting frames of these two structural items. Three of my 'screws' were rusted in so securely, I had to grind off their heads, and then force the body up over the remaining portion of the frozen screw. But, perseverance prevailed.
3. My best source of 'assistance' was the detailed thread provided by Mr. Tilson ('Proud Canadian') entitled 'Boler Frame'. You can find it with a site search found on your opening screen at FGRV.

Or, you might send me a PM through this site.
bullfrogeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:20 AM   #5

Name: andrew
Trailer: 17 boler
Ontario
I'm in the process of carpeting the walls. I left the insulation on and plan to glue the carpet right on the walls. Anything that i heard about removing the foam, is that is very hard to do
andrew78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:36 AM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler 1700 1979
Ontario
Registry
I'm restoring a 17 Boler 1979, had that popcorn and foam wall covering. I also took the body off the frame, had three small rusty areas patched otherwise the frame was solid. Wood floor was rotten, a new floor was put over the linoleum, so I removed all the interior. Working on the new plywood floor now. For insulation I'm trying 1 inch polystyrene sheets. Glued on with Weldbond white glue. Clean/sand off the foam bits left on the walls, I have a test piece of foam glued to the wall now, after 24 hours it won't pull off, I think the foam will fail before the bond.
beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:34 AM   #7

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
1/4 Closed cell foam sheets glued on and sprayed with watered down bed liner has be used with success to look like the old elephant skin wall covering. Think it was on this site that it was posted.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:35 AM   #8

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Trailer was emptied and cupboards etc. put back in later.

Tags
boler