Boler Floor Plan Help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-22-2021, 07:20 PM   #1

Name: Kara
Trailer: In the Market
Alberta
Boler Floor Plan Help

Hi everyone,
I am currently looking into my first boler project, have been looking over this forum as a resource and have learned tonsss so far, including how to keep a boler structurally sound. What I’ve dreamed up is the attached (terribly drawn in iPhone notes) floor plan and I’m wondering if anyone with more knowledge could weigh in?
Attached Thumbnails
AC402D02-BBE7-4542-8A9D-128272D7628B.jpeg  
Owl_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:26 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Front kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_K View Post
Hi everyone,
I am currently looking into my first boler project, have been looking over this forum as a resource and have learned tonsss so far, including how to keep a boler structurally sound. What I’ve dreamed up is the attached (terribly drawn in iPhone notes) floor plan and I’m wondering if anyone with more knowledge could weigh in?
My late sister owned a front kitchen 13' Scamp but it had no bath.
(Or do you have a 16'?)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0688.jpg   IMG_0690.jpg  

AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:05 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I don't think you have enough room for a side bath. That front kitchen Scamp is awesome!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:13 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
I don't think you have enough room for a side bath. That front kitchen Scamp is awesome!
The front kitchen has been done a few times but I dont have a link for you.
As to the side bath, Im sure you could stuff something in the space ,,, but useable is another question.
There is a ~6" rise in the floor under the original counter in the wrong place for a bathroom floor, the wheel tub is there as well.
I really like the front kitchen idea and maybe a bigger bed but the bathtoom is probably a pipe dream down the side of a 13 boler.
Fred
Old 03-23-2021, 09:40 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Several thoughts. One, start with grid paper and proportion the basic shape accurately. Your drawing is longer than the actual shell, so it looks like things will work that really won't. For a 13' Boler, figure 118" long and 77" wide with rounded corners (radius around 16" on the back corners and 24" in front, rough guess). The door is 26" from the front of the trailer and 20" wide. Wheel wells (which will preclude your intended bath location) are just aft of the door. I'd guess they are around 10"x16"x10" high. Ideally you will want to measure and mark where the floor is high and where it's low, but for that you really need to have the trailer.

Second, start with the bed. That's the most important part of the trailer. The stock bed is only 45" wide. If that works, fine, but most people would want at least 54". To create more space you could consider an asymmetric bed that's wider at the head and narrower at the feet.

Third, make sure you consider where you will put any intended mechanical systems. Remember that a 3-way fridge must have exterior vents, which will need to be on the sides of the trailer. If you're going to use a DC fridge, them you can be more flexible.

Fourth, consider weight distribution. A front galley can tend to become very tongue heavy. If you're going to have a fridge, nearer the middle is better.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:39 AM   #6

Name: Chantal
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Example of Boler with front kitchen

This guy transformed his 13' boler into one with a front kitchen and wider bed/dinette. I suppose, one could fit a super small bathroom where his stove is, but I'd stick to a porta-potty hidden somewhere, and get a pop up shower shelter for your showering needs.

https://www.proud-canadian.com/13-bo...eyond-1/boler/
boler girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:19 PM   #7

Name: Eric
Trailer: Boler
TN
Registry
I would say if you are under 5'5" and you used a port-a-potty you could put a 24 x 24 shower pan in and find it useable. One limiting factor would be the wheel well which you could do some creative fiberglass work to modify your shower to fit. I used a similar lay out for my 17' Boler and its all coming together.

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ad.php?t=90615
Eric Frye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler