Boler Newbies - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2021, 12:51 PM   #1

Name: Dick
Trailer: Boler 1300
British Columbia
Boler Newbies

Hi we are Dick and Sandy up in snowy British Columbia, Canada. We just purchased a 1975, model 1300 Boler Trailer, made right here in BC. Altho it needs some restoration before it can go out on the road, we are excited to be starting our Boler journey. We’ll be combing thro your site for any info we can find, happy to have found you. Any help is much appreciated!
Dick P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:09 PM   #2

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Oregon
Us too!

Also new Boler owners down here in Oregon. (1975 Boler) Enjoying some of the little projects: currently resealing the roof vent, resealing rear window and fixing up the jalousie windows.

Happy Camping!
TimRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:15 AM   #3

Name: Bob
British Columbia
Registry
Welcome! Always good to have more Boler owners out there. We love ours
and it's been a fun ride on the continuing renovation of our 1973 1300 "Lita". Make it your own and enjoy!! Definitely cruise the reno/repair threads. They're a big help. And we all love to see what others are up to so definitely post pics. Here's a link to my reno thread on Lita.

Still a work in progress

There are so many good ideas on this site and people willing to give input.

If you ever head to Vancouver Island stop in and say hi!

Bob
bobdobqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:49 PM   #4

British Columbia
Thank you Tim & Bob

Thanks for the welcome. Tim perhaps we’ll learn together, how to restore our little RV’s. Ours is currently still ‘froze’ up, us being in wintery Cariboo Country (central B.C.). Wife just cleaned out all the previous owners old camping stuff so we could get a good look inside all the nooks and crannies and I parked it in the sunshine to thaw out. It’s been living its past 7 years huddled under a grove of trees, according to the plates it last saw on the road in 2014.

Bob, what a great Reno thread you have on your little Lita! You can be sure I’ll be reading the whole thing! I recognize a lot of our trailer in yours even tho the dates are different. Following your Reno adventures Will be a great help, thank you for leading to your thread. We are still learning how to use this forum and as soon as Sandy figures out how to start a ‘thread’ (I’m actually computer illiterate - wife puts me on here and I finger tap...but that’s about it).....we’ll start posting some pictures.

So first question for either of you (or anyone else). Research we did mentions 2 metal rails running from counter top to cupboard, providing structural support to the cupboard and roof as a unit. Our Boler doesn’t have these and your photos don’t show them either Bob? Did some units have them and some didn’t?
Old 01-25-2021, 03:37 PM   #5

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
Welcome. You'll enjoy getting intimate with your Boler as you work the renos as we did with ours.
Our Boler had the holes but no support. I decided that it should be there so I made up the arrangement pictured on Our Updates '79 Boler.
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:21 PM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Welcome to boler world!!
Those rods probably should be there. They are roof support.
Ive been hackin on mine since '03, check the link in my signature for the rebuild thread.
Fred
Old 01-25-2021, 10:11 PM   #7

British Columbia
Registry
Hi Dick. Glad you enjoyed the thread. Stay tuned for more on Lita's upgrades when springtime comes

As for the cabinet support, our Lita had no support or the holes for it which lead me to believe not all did have them. Apparently when your boler was built and where may have had something to do with that. I suspect the various manufacturers may have started putting them in at some point to prevent sagging of the roof.

Maybe someone out there has a more definitive answer. Ours was built at Glasfab Industries in Peace River.

That being said I did build a custom support because I didn't really want to have any future issues.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:23 PM   #8

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Dick, in this thread someone used a piece of double shelf track as the support and put a little shelf on it. Thinking about doing that for my 1979 Boler 13 footer that also didn't have holes for the support in the cabinet:

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ler-90928.html
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:22 AM   #9

British Columbia
Thanks Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdobqb View Post
Hi Dick. Glad you enjoyed the thread. Stay tuned for more on Lita's upgrades when springtime comes

As for the cabinet support, our Lita had no support or the holes for it which lead me to believe not all did have them. Apparently when your boler was built and where may have had something to do with that. I suspect the various manufacturers may have started putting them in at some point to prevent sagging of the roof.

Maybe someone out there has a more definitive answer. Ours was built at Glasfab Industries in Peace River.

That being said I did build a custom support because I didn't really want to have any future issues.
Ours was also build at Glass-Fab, in Peace River Alberta (my earlier comment saying built in BC was a mistake), in 1975. So same company, same configuration, no supports. You can be sure we’ll be putting supports in. Thank you everyone, for weighing in on this.

Next question Bob...where is the electrical box? Looked thro your photos but couldn’t quite pinpoint the location.

Thanks again, Dick
Old 01-26-2021, 09:53 PM   #10

British Columbia
Registry
Hi Dick. Looks like no support was a thing with Glasfab

My 110 box is under the kitchen counter forward of the wheel well. I've attached pics of before and after I rewired the 110.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A78B190D-6AAE-447F-99D3-2A4321F9BF40.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	139138

Click image for larger version

Name:	2B3E6838-F8A7-4FE1-A231-B796359B3600.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	139137
Old 02-01-2021, 09:22 PM   #11