Casita Acupuncture Mobile! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #1

Name: Laureen
Trailer: Casita Liberty 16' I think?
California
Wink Casita Acupuncture Mobile!

Hello Folks!
I just purchased the most messed up Casita Travel Trailer in the world! Some crazy pulled out all the stuff to put new carpet on the walls and they picked a dark grey? It was too thick and so it looks terrible. That was 10-15 years ago so her guts have been sitting outside of her and I am not sure where to start to put her back together or if I should. I am just graduating from acupuncture school and I am going to take out the rest of the stuff, put in new carpet and hardwood flooring, repair the bathroom with a new toilet and sink. I have to put in all new sewer, plumbing and electric, so I am going solar! My sweet husband has a TBI and is funny as heck with what he comes up with and we should be retiring not taking on such a project. I found carpet tiles with carpet cove molding that I think will save my butt trying to fix the walls. I am going to make her my traveling acupuncture office. My husband does massage. We can barely fit the table in our little Casita and I will have to be creative to house the herbal pharmacy, but here we go!
DocRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Laureen, welcome to FiberglassRV. We're glad you're here.

Replacing the wallcovering has to be one of the most daunting tasks of all. I'd replace a floor before I'd tackle the walls of an egg-shaped trailer because of those compound curves in the ceiling corners.

Be sure to post pictures as you move through the rehab.

Once again
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #3

California
Red face

Thanks Donna!! I will do my best with the photos. I am really glad for all the new materials out that will help me with my task! When the person who put the dark grey carpet on the walls installed it, they did not put the window trim back right and so we have a leak. The top vent cover is missing and there is one side hose cover missing. I am going to plug all the holes we are not using and have the outside vinyl coated, I think? Heck the outside should be easier to fix than the inside?
Old 03-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRain View Post
.....and have the outside vinyl coated, I think?
If you're talking about a vinyl wrap, just be aware they typically last only five years or so. Keep that in mind when looking at the cost. You may find paint cheaper in the long run.

You want the trailer to be leak free too, before you start laying up the interior. But you know that. Don't you.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #5

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Sounds like a project!

It occurs to me that if you intend to use the trailer as a medical office, you may want to put some kind of nonporous, washable wallcovering in. Seems like licensing agencies etc and perhaps even patients would be more likely to approve of such surfaces than the carpet-type wallcoverings more commonly used in recreational fiberglass trailers.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #6

California
I am looking at all sorts of materials. One of my degrees is in scenic design for the theater. Let's see what I come up with! I would do the vinyl wrap myself so it does not cost so much. Just a solid cream...my truck too? Matchee matchee? And do the lettering over that. I think there are too many holes to fix so I think I will go to my son for fiberglass? Not sure. All sorts of pretty things to look at!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #7

California
Talking Egg Ceiling?

Talissa Decor Ceiling tiles

I found these really cool ceiling tiles that are polystyrene and go around corners and they have matching crown molding?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #8

California
Okay Ladies....I think I am having a problem tearing the little lady apart? I am thinking I would rather put her back together again? I found really cool stuff and I think I see her as a spare bedroom for the grandkids instead of my office? She is going to be a beautiful butterfly! I have fallen in love with an egg?

Tags
casita