Hello all. A couple of 70ish year old over thinkers here, with a 4 cylinder Outback and a five hundred buck deposit on a Scamp
13 regular with bathroom. Boy, do we have questions! ...and plenty of time to course correct with a December factory pick up date.
1. Mistake one - I Should have (but didnít) ordered brakes
, right? Does it make sense to pre-install something like a prodigy p2 or should I drive it back without hooking up the trailer brakes
so that the stuff can be mounted directly to the scamp
? We donít even have a hitch yet.
2. We will likely never stay in an rv park, but will often enough be able to get elec power - if an extension chord counts. So, features tempted to get for our three season lives are: elec heat strip, larger refrigerator
, dual gas tanks, stove with electronic ignition.
3. The Two of us Will sleep and cook in this. Does it make sense to consider the smaller bed to maximize moving about room? We are committed to the bathroom...
4. How does someone use this thing in the winter?
5. Is there an aftermarket canopy that is loved? Is there one with a fabric bug screen?
6. Anyone in Central Connecticut who will let us look at an actual Scamp13 with bathroom?
We do so appreciate your expertise. Thanks!