Changes! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2004 17ft CB 1500 Bigfoot
British Columbia
Changes!

Well hello to all of you. Made some changes recently. After a beautiful road trip to Alberta to purchase a 2004 Bigfoot 17 from great couple, we returned home to Comox after many detours from all the interior flooding. Spent the last few days learning about Bigfoot after adoption. The couple who owned it kept it in great condition and everything works well. Having never owned an rv with bathroom hot water heater, inverter, furnace etc. it is a bit of a learning curve. So at the moment we are staying close to home to get familiar with the process of how it all comes together in the camping world. So far I have cut polished the the whole outside of our new little friend. Next step is to remove three windows dismantle them and have the glass resealed as the dreaded seal creep is showing and was purchased knowing all about it.
Owned 40 ft troller on the west coat for years so do have first hand experience on repair and maintenance. Now spend most of our time on the water with a 21 ft recreational fishing boat so the Bigfoot is just to expand our adventures as we attempt to age gracefully. Well this turned into a bit of a epistle, but just wanted to say hi, and nice to be part of a friendly group so willing to share. Cheers, trapper
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:56 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Brian!

Hope you'll share details of your work with pictures. Issue like the "seal creep" have come up before, and detailed how-to threads are always helpful to the less experienced.

Happy travels!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Brian!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Hi Brian, My Bigfoot has some windows with "seal creep" also. They don't leak so it is not urgent but I will be real interested if you find a way to take them apart and fix them. I was able to get replacement windows for a previous Bigfoot that I owned. I am not sure if they are still available in the right sizes. I know it was a job to get the old windows out. I used a heat gun to loosen the old sealant which was really stuck. I also bought various non marring plastic auto body pry bars and had to go easy to avoid cracking the fiberglass. I could not see any simple way to take the old ones apart once I had them out. I understand that they finally got the window sealant formula straightened out in later model Bigfoots.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #5

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Welcome, Brian! Your Bigfoot sounds like it's going to provide lots of great memories. How about some photos?
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:28 PM   #6

Name: Steven and Paula
Trailer: Bigfoot
Ontario
Hi Brian
Just joined the club and read your post/thread
We have a 2008 25 and I have water coming in one window
Will be at it shortly and will post resylts