crossing mtns midwest to east coast - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2020, 08:07 AM   #41

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We live in Northern Wisconsin and when we travel East we prefer to go through the UP
Nice scenery , hardly any traffic , better roads and cheaper camping
We also made the trip from Sault St Marie Michigan to Niagara via Canada
Make sure you keep your fuel tank full , its a long way between service stations
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:52 PM   #42

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft ('Lil Eggo')
Traveling from Midwest to Myrtle Beach

Hi - I live in western North Carolina in Asheville. We camp a lot all over the area including Tennessee, Georgia, NC, SC and especially Myrtle Beach (Huntington Beach State Park ) just south of Myrtle. It’s super easy to get to Johnson City to I26, up the mountain and over into Asheville. Then down past Hendersonville and on down to Columbia, then out to Myrtle on 20 and 501. Steepest part is up the mountain from Johnson City, but nice and wide lanes, and pretty new. We pull with small V6 and it takes it easily. Not scary and nice views. Going down the mountain on I26 East of Hendersonville is not too steep - just gear down a little going down the steepest part - and its only a very short strip anyway. There are a couple of newer highways which take you from Columbia to either Myrtle Beach or North Myrtle Beach so it’s much quicker and easier than it used to be. Many on here recommend I40 from Tennessee - BUT it is narrow, curvy, lots of tractor trailers and almost always work going on - lots of rock/mud slides which take months to clear up. If you decide to choose that route - you can check with Tennessee and NC DOT to make sure there’s no work going on. As with many Cities - try to avoid Asheville during rush hour - from 4:30 to 5:30 or so.
Sharon W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:04 AM   #43

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
recent and very controversial discovery......the earth is not flat. Tell me it ain't so because I am towing with a 4 cylinder car. I will keep hoping they are wrong.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote