Cushions for U Haul - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2015, 03:14 PM   #1

Name: Burt
Trailer: Airstream
Colorado
Cushions for U Haul

Hi ,

My name is Burt and I live in Colorado. A friend asked me to make new cushions for his U Haul trailer and at first I didn't even know U Haul made travel trailers but after browsing through your forum it looks like there are a lot of them on the road.
It all started a few months ago when a friend in California asked me to make cushions for his Santana 21 sailboat. Then someone else asked me for cushions for a Catalina 22 and a Spirit 6.5. These U Haul cushions are easier because they don't have to be sloped on the sides to match the shape of the hull.
Years ago I got interested in the Bigfoot 17. It seemed like the most efficient layout for a small travel trailer and I especially liked the U shaped dinette. Long story short my wife and I wound up with a 1968 Airstream Caravel which is also 17 feet. It is a great little trailer which we use to take our grandchildren camping all the time.
This morning I thought I'd take a look again at the Bigfoot which led me to your group and learning that there are many, many fiberglass trailers. One thing I've learned from sailboats is that a 40 year old fiberglass boat can still be in excellent condition and now looking through the trailers the same thing applies. They just look great.
Looking forward to learning all about the various makes and models.
Burt
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP4160.jpg   IMGP4157.jpg  

Clearcoat removed.jpg  
brevell is offline   Reply With Quote