Delivery of Escape - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #1

Name: Paul
Trailer: Escape 19
Georgia
Delivery of Escape

Hi,
Thinking of purchasing a Escape, but don't want to drive to Canada from Georgia. Has anyone out there had their Escape delivered to the East cost and what was the cost and experience.
Thanks!
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Hi Paul. I am not sure of the costs involved, and others may be able to help. Have you looked on the Escape Forum, I know delivery has been discussed a lot there, and quite a few have gotten their trailers that way.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Paul, the best answer would be one directly from Escape - send them an email or give them a call.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
cpaharley2008 (Jim) could probably tell you. He's had a 19' Escape delivered to Pennsylvania and will have a 21' Escape delivered next month. I know the delivery charge is based on the number of trailers (put on the truck) and delivered to the same "area" at the same time. New owners split the cost. The more trailers the lower the cost.

Would you consider a partial "delivery"? There seems to be plenty of Escapes being delivered to Texas. Maybe you can get a trailer on a truck that's going that way?

The very best definitive answer would come from Escape Trailer Industries. I'm glad I'm six hours from Chilliwack, I'm picking my 5er up! Oh my stars, I still need to get my passport...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
cpaharley2008 (Jim) could probably tell you. He's had a 19' Escape delivered to Pennsylvania and will have a 21' Escape delivered next month. I know the delivery charge is based on the number of trailers (put on the truck) and delivered to the same "area" at the same time. New owners split the cost. The more trailers the lower the cost.

Would you consider a partial "delivery"? There seems to be plenty of Escapes being delivered to Texas. Maybe you can get a trailer on a truck that's going that way?

The very best definitive answer would come from Escape Trailer Industries. I'm glad I'm six hours from Chilliwack, I'm picking my 5er up! Oh my stars, I still need to get my passport...

Donna, As has been said to many other FGRV'rs, be SURE to post a photo of yourself with that Bigfoot GRIN before you drive off the lot!!

.....ER, I mean be sure before you make your ESCAPE, with your new ESCAPE, be sure to snap a pic of your smiling face.
(now where did I put my mind again?)
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You're forgiven Pam. So many brands here on FiberglassRV and every single one of those brands are loved.

Love the one you're with!!!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAB4 View Post
Hi,
Thinking of purchasing a Escape, but don't want to drive to Canada from Georgia. Has anyone out there had their Escape delivered to the East cost and what was the cost and experience.
Thanks!
Hi: PAB4... Over on the Escape forumEscape Trailer Owners Communitythere's a thread on Visual Escape about "Escape 5.0 coming to Georgia". It was delivered to Newnan Ga. at the same time as other trailers. I'm sure a call to Escape would get an approximate price!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:18 AM   #8

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Registry
Hi,

Had my Escape 19 delivered to Virginia from the factory at the end of July 2013. I shared the costs with 2 other trailers. One trailer was delivered to Goshen, IN. Mine was second. Then the 3rd trailer was delivered to Georgia. My cost was $2800 CAD.

Costly, yes. But I'm still working and couldn't take the time off.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #9

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
If you go to Escape Industries home Escape Trailer Industries > Home and "join" them for free, you may inspect their production calendar which shows available open and sold production slots for their various models. The calendar also shows which units are being delivered and to where. A single delivery to east coast will cost between $3-4,000. However, if you and another customer are near one another or even if they are on the same route, you can piggyback and save approximately $1,000 and if you can get on a 3 unit delivery, your delivery will be cut almost in half.
When my Escape 19' was delivered to Pennsylvania, the other Escape owner came up from North Carolina to take their Escape. They were novices and we immediately went camping that weekend and I was able to show them around the trailer and how everything worked. We both were able to save $$$ of our individual delivery costs.
My new Escape 21' is being shipped in 3 weeks and on the truck is another Escape being dropped off in Illinois. I was able to save $$$ off my delivery.
Once you put yourself on the calendar with your decision on which model, Escape will try to schedule other units that are also being delivered on the same truck to save $$$ for everyone. It is more economical to ship 3 units on one trip versus 3 separate trips.
If you wish, you can drive up to York, Pa and have you unit delivered here and we can then have a mini rally at a local campground and I'd be glad to show you all the features of your new Escape. There is a map on the Escape Forum page here https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...bed&dg=feature
and you can see where other owners are located, some may be near you. You can arrange to look at their unit and possibly they can help you with delivery questions. Feel free to contact any of us.
I'm sure we will meet sometime in the future at an "East of the Mississippi Escape Rally".
Old 11-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape 19 ft 2010
Registry
Consider Elkhart Indiana as a delivery point. Let It Ride Trucking, who is the carrier we introduced to Escape back in 2010, likes to go to Elkhart to pick up parts for British Columbia trailer manufacturers.

In addition to Escape, I would recommend contacting Let It Ride directly. The reason to contact them directly is, Escape will only know delivery options on trailers they are building. Let it Ride will possibly have other partial loads going East that Escape will not know about.

If you would like the contact information for Let It Ride send me a personal message.
Paul Braun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape