Egg Hunt in August - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2017, 02:14 PM   #1

Name: Kaylee
Trailer: looking for my egg
Alabama
Egg Hunt in August

Hello All! I am hoping to join you all as an egg owner soon! While I am not new to camping or travel trailers this will be my first experience in fiberglass awesomeness! We are a young mil-to-mil family (meaning we both proudly serve our country on active duty) and are stationed in Alabama currently. One of the greatest parts of our lives is getting to see the world while doing jobs that we are passionate about. When we moved here we had an old motorhome that was literally falling in around us, we quickly upgraded to a 30' fifth wheel which we love, but really is outside of my comfort zone to use on my own! With my husband's work schedule moving towards him weekends quite often and my girl's refusing to stop growing up on me I would like to be able to show them more than just the living room when Dad is busy and that means a trailer we can handle on our own!

All of that being said, I am keeping my budget small-ish as we already have a trailer for all of our big cross country family trips so as close to (or of course under) $5000 as we can go would be best. We are a handy family and have never turned away from a project but I would ideally like to be able to work on it around my work schedule for a month and hit the road that means no reno jobs for me, but paint, recovering of cushions, cabinets and even laying new flooring down are not no gos for us! I have done a ton of research so I know that those are tight perimeters, but I also know that they are not unheard of. I don't need a bathroom, a spot for a porta potty would be nice though! One larger bed would work, but I would prefer to have a front couch so that this trailer could last us a good long while! My current tow vehicle is a 2008 Lincoln Navigator (a fancy expedition), it has the full tow package and is ready to go, we also have a 2017 F250D. With our work schedules we can't travel far at this time to go get anything so we are hoping to find one down here close to where we are (no more than 6 hours or so from Montgomery). I look forward to continuing to learn from you all and hopefully the Easter Bunny will show me my egg soon! Sorry for the length, but I don't think I forgot anything!
daisyroamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #2

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hello, Kaylee,

Thank you for your service to our country, and best of luck with your egg hunt!

BEST
Kai