Erin - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-23-2020, 08:29 AM   #1

Name: Lindsey
Trailer: Scamp
Mississippi
Erin

Hi everyone, my name is Erin. I live in MS but looking to move west soon w a 13ft Scamp in tow...just gotta find & buy me a Scamp. I have been on the hunt & notice the second they are posted they are SOLD. No time for thinking really. Iíve lost out on a few already...Scamp rookie here. Happy travels & hoping to be an owner soon. Stay safe out there!

NattyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:39 AM   #2

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Best of luck with your search. Some ordered new to get what options they wanted, and they can get a loan for new, rather than used. If you decide to sell for something else in the future, you already know how fast they sell and for close to what you paid for it.
Dave and Paula

David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:19 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
There actually is time for "learning". But there is not time to ponder the quality of one you see for sale. Instead, it's time to study up on Scamp 13, and get the funds all lined up. By the time you find one, you will be a SME (subject matter expert). I'm not joking. Some people do their studying AFTER buying. And then are "surprised" by some of the well documented, common problems. You will see many of those postings here. Avoiding well documented potential issues is just being smart.

By doing the studying up front, you can avoid such mistakes, and when you see one, you won't have to ask, "hey what do you think about this one?" While one person is doing their research after they see the ad, someone else is buying the trailer. Kind of how it works!

I followed this method when I decided I wanted a vintage Trillium (much more scarce than a Scamp 13). It took me almost a year, but I avoided disaster by reading the various threads detailing the potential problems in older Trilliums. Some real experts have taken the time to post some excellent information on their rebuilds, repairs, projects, and modifications; along with inspection guidance too. I passed on two Trilliums that had fatal flaws (which someone else bought a few days later in both cases). Don't be that person!
thrifty bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:02 AM   #4

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2010 Little Joe / 2010 2 Dr Jeep Wrangler
Colorado
Here is a good site

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:35 PM   #5

Name: Lindsey
Trailer: Scamp
Mississippi
Thank you (above posters) for all the great information & the welcome. ������.
I have been researching & studying for a few months now, but been talking about it for at least 4 years.
I’m putting my money where my mouth is & following through on this dream for me finally & pulling the trigger soon.
I have the funds in my acct.
Getting tow hitch put on my car this week (thinking camping world for that install & a non sway adaptation along w triple ball hitch). I own a 2014 Toyota RAV4 4 cylinder. 1500lbs is the Max I can pull so will be making sure to travel lite w my 13footer. I can’t wait to see where I’m gonna get her or him:-) In the mean time I’m preparing my car for when I see the one...I can hit the road & go get it.
NattyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:50 PM   #6

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyG View Post
Thank you (above posters) for all the great information & the welcome. ������.
I have been researching & studying for a few months now, but been talking about it for at least 4 years.
Iím putting my money where my mouth is & following through on this dream for me finally & pulling the trigger soon.
I have the funds in my acct.
Getting tow hitch put on my car this week (thinking camping world for that install & a non sway adaptation along w triple ball hitch). I own a 2014 Toyota RAV4 4 cylinder. 1500lbs is the Max I can pull so will be making sure to travel lite w my 13footer. I canít wait to see where Iím gonna get her or him:-) In the mean time Iím preparing my car for when I see the one...I can hit the road & go get it.
Uhaul also installs hitches.

David B. is offline   Reply With Quote