Expectant Casita Owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2020, 07:48 PM   #1

Name: Rose
Trailer: Casita
Hutto
Expectant Casita Owner

Happy Memorial Day. I hope this post finds you well and practicing social distancing in your favorite campsite. I’m Texas Rose and pleased to find the forum and make your acquaintance. My husband and I just ordered a Casita Freedom with an anticipated delivery date of late June. It is our first RV purchase and my TV is a Nissan Frontier King Cab, the V6 with the tow package.
My husband is retired and I’m able to work from the road. Any suggestions on a WiFi booster?
Much appreciated and grateful to be joining the egg community.
Rose
TexasRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:58 PM   #2

Name: tom
Trailer: casita
Connecticut
Some unsolicited advice from another Casita owner. Sorry. I can't help myself. Ours is an SD model, 2013. My unsolicited opinion is that the captains chairs in your model are small and likely to be not very comfortable and by having them, you sacrifice significant storage space under the dinette seating in the SD. I had originally ordered FD but I am really thankful to casitas sales consultant explaining the difference to me. Give it some thought.
hts1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:41 PM   #3

Name: Chuck
Trailer: 2018 Escape
Texas
Casita Freedom Deluxe and wifi

We have owner a Casita Freedom Deluxe and an SD as well. I am 6'1" and fit the Freedom deluxe chairs just fine. It is a great option if you leave the bed made up and don't want to mess with the dinette. Very comfortable as the chairs swivel. There is more space in the SD under the seat and more room at the table in the SD. Up to you! As for wifi booster we use a verizon Jetpack for travel and we have a weboost antenna booster for weak signal areas. Worked great for us in our Casitas and in our Escape 21' that we have now.
Chuck G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:55 PM   #4

Name: CalCop
California
Hi Rose, Welcome to the neighborhood.
I've owned a Freedom deluxe since 2010. The chairs are most comfortable for me. I don't have to worry about the cushions moving around while I'm seated. It's just me in the camper, so I don't need all that much storage.
CalCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:26 PM   #5

Name: Joe
Trailer: Casita 2020 FD
North Carolina
Another Casita buyer

Hi there,

My wife and I are also picking up our new Freedom Deluxe in mid June.

we tried out the swivel seats in a last years model and were very happy with both comfort and fit. Expect ours to be the same.

We are excited and looking forward to driving to Texas to pick up the trailer. We are coming from the mountains of North Carolina, so we should see some flatter lands in our trip.

Stay healthy, maybe we will meet in Rice!

Flyrodjoe and Lin S.
flyrodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:36 PM   #6

Name: Jann
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRose View Post
Happy Memorial Day. I hope this post finds you well and practicing social distancing in your favorite campsite. I’m Texas Rose and pleased to find the forum and make your acquaintance. My husband and I just ordered a Casita Freedom with an anticipated delivery date of late June. It is our first RV purchase and my TV is a Nissan Frontier King Cab, the V6 with the tow package.
My husband is retired and I’m able to work from the road. Any suggestions on a WiFi booster?
Much appreciated and grateful to be joining the egg community.
Rose
We love the captain's chairs. They swivel so we can watch TV from them. We put a small plastic drawer under the one by the bathroom that fits perfect between the seat pole and the bathroom wall. Under the one nearest the bed we put a box that is almost to the bottom of the chair and put our can goods in it. So we don't lose much storage. We tried the bench seats and hated them. Shorter legged people don't reach the floor and the seats are to long and straight backed for comfort. Enjoy your seats. We don't use wifi but our friends use a Verizon hotspot pack of somekind and they love it.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #7

Hutto
Thank you all for the Freedom feedback. We visited the factory just before the quarantine in Texas. We sat in the chairs and loved them. My husband and I are both short (and round). The bench seats were very uncomfortable and we both decided to opt for comfort over storage. We gave it a lot of thought (at least I did). For him it was a done deal.
Our “due date” has been delayed until the end of July and we are disappointed, but she’ll be worth the weight (pun intended). I get a lot of confirmation that Casita / fiberglass trailers are is the right choice for us By reading the reviews on RVinsider on the R-Pod or Jayco Hummingbird or Riverside Retro. Plus, they don’t have such a great RV community to belong to.
Hope to see you once the COVID restrictions lift. Rose
Old 05-30-2020, 07:07 PM   #8

Name: Joe
Trailer: Casita 2020 FD
North Carolina
Smile Getting close!

Glad to hear from you. Sorry for your construction delay, but I know you are as excited as we are to be this close.

I read everything I could find on fiberglass trailers for almost a year. We had no doubts about a fiberglass "egg", only which one. Our final decision was made and we rated Casita #1 on all the features we wanted. No regrets!

We are planning on leaving for Texas 2 weeks from today, picking up our Casita on Tuesday June 16. Hope nothing changes. We intend to travel as much as possible for the following 6 weeks, Then its back home. Already planning on attending some rallies this year and next (health willing).

Hope to see you along the way. Enjoy your "egg", stay healthy and be careful out there.

Flyrodjoe
flyrodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:09 PM   #9

Colorado
Quote:
Thank you all for the Freedom feedback. We visited the factory just before the quarantine in Texas. We sat in the chairs and loved them. My husband and I are both short (and round). The bench seats were very uncomfortable and we both decided to opt for comfort over storage. We gave it a lot of thought (at least I did). For him it was a done deal.
Our “due date” has been delayed until the end of July and we are disappointed, but she’ll be worth the weight (pun intended). I get a lot of confirmation that Casita / fiberglass trailers are is the right choice for us By reading the reviews on RVinsider on the R-Pod or Jayco Hummingbird or Riverside Retro. Plus, they don’t have such a great RV community to belong to.
Hope to see you once the COVID restrictions lift. Rose
I think you made a very wise choice and it will be worth the wait. The chairs are comfortable as you know and Casita is a great quality trailer. As I stated before you can put things under the seats to store stuff in. After all when you have to much storage area you can overload the trailer.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #10

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1999 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Lawrence
swivel chairs

I am a new Casita owner too . . . just purchased a 1999 converted Spirit Deluxe. It came with a pair of swivel seats that had been removed from the original floorplan when it was converted. I think these were new seats installed 4 or 5 years ago, then the floorplan was changed.

Anybody know what those seats are worth to sell? I don't need to keep them.

TIA
R.
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:17 PM   #11

Hutto
How exciting! What do you think of your Casita? Is she working out well for you?
I have no idea about the seats, but there is a for sale section here ... you could post them and see if you get any offers.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:01 PM   #12

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1999 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Lawrence
Quote:
How exciting! What do you think of your Casita? Is she working out well for you?
I have no idea about the seats, but there is a for sale section here ... you could post them and see if you get any offers.
We're going to take the Casita to a local lake for the weekend soon. Haven't had it out on the road yet. Truly just got it . . . I've been cleaning it up, learning about all the mechanical systems, sterilizing the water system etc. There's a lot to learn, but I like that sort of thing. We'll be packing the kitchen this week, cooling down the frig, trying to figure out the most efficient way to pack the rig - but I'm sure after a weekend we'll make numerous small changes and tweaks. We'll probably do a few weekend trips before our big trip to California in August.
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:11 AM   #13

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
thunderworks for me organization is essential. aim for "a place for everything and everything in it's place". this is a moving target because you'll most likely be thinking of new and more efficient ways to pack. these revelations will come to you while on a trip usually. when they do i make a note and tend to that the next time i'm stationary for a while. i never cease to be amazed at how easy it is to totally loose something in such a small space. have fun out there and stay safe (and wash your hands!).

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:43 AM   #14

Registry
and speaking of dinette seats... i never could get comfortable on those slab seats that came in my SD. i tried several modifications but never found comfort. then, with the help of another fiberglass rv owner i found these. the search was over. they're "event seats" from west marine. they fold in half and have backpack straps for getting them to the "event", a feature i've never used. but they sure are comfy in the dinette.

p@
Attached Thumbnails
bath door_1.jpg  
Old 06-27-2020, 03:13 PM   #15

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick crawford View Post
and speaking of dinette seats... i never could get comfortable on those slab seats that came in my SD. i tried several modifications but never found comfort. then, with the help of another fiberglass rv owner i found these. the search was over. they're "event seats" from west marine. they fold in half and have backpack straps for getting them to the "event", a feature i've never used. but they sure are comfy in the dinette.

p@

Do you have swivels on them?
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:53 AM   #16

Registry
Quote:
i do not have swivels. the seats are not bolted to the cabinets underneath. i use a piece of "no slide" rubber mat (think rug retainers) under each seat. i can manage a small about of rotation by shifting my weight while seated. if i need more i stand, lift the seat a bit and position it wherever needed. i thought about swivels but they would make access to the space inside the cabinets more difficult.

p@
Old 06-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #17

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
The real swivel seats sit on pedestals and don't have cabinets under them. They are very comfy compared to the bench type. They actually swivel to any position you want pretty much. They also support your back. You lose a little storage but we have put a drawer under one by the bathroom wall and a box for can goods under the other one. Easier to access than the cabinets the other kind sit on also.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:31 PM   #18

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick crawford View Post

p@
Those look comfy but my feet would never touch the floor so my legs would hang in the air. The bench seats are to tall and to far back in the butt part for me also. I do like the swivel chairs and my feet touch the floor. They are comfy and I can turn around to watch the TV, reach the stove, etc without having to get up. We ordered our Casita so got what we wanted. Didn't want to have a bed to make up for another person either.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:16 PM   #19

Hutto
Super comfortable !

Tags
casita