Extreme Newbie with a question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2017, 01:14 PM   #1

Name: Judy
Trailer: 13' Scamp "La Cucaracha"
Texas
Red face Extreme Newbie with a question

Hi! I'm Judy from Austin, Texas. My husband, Joe, and I just bought a 13' Scamp, named him "Bernie" and we're about to take the maiden voyage, just 30 miles away at Lockhart State Park.

I'm trying to get my registry completed and I want to use one of my own photos, but the only options are link to an url or upload an image. Every time I click on "upload" it just pops me back to the page, and doesn't open my photos.

I have searched all the instructions and FAQs I can find that might relate, but no luck.

Anybody?

Thanks a million in advance for any help with this!
Old 07-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #2

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
This is a test.

Well, It's working.

OK, you clicked on the paper clip at the top of the box and the upload window opened? You then browsed for the file and selected it? They you hit the upload button. At this point it might take a while depending on your connection. When the file name shows up in the attached file section you have uploaded it. It won't show in the edit box, but will show up in the Preview Changes box.
Attached Thumbnails
20151014_080610.jpg  
Old 07-20-2017, 05:09 PM   #3

Louisiana
Registry
Judy, I just realized that you were trying to add pictures to an album, not to a post. I just tried. The first time it took a long time and never gave me the upload window. The second time it went through fine.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:15 PM   #4

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minimalist View Post
This is a test.

Well, It's working.

OK, you clicked on the paper clip at the top of the box and the upload window opened? You then browsed for the file and selected it? They you hit the upload button. At this point it might take a while depending on your connection. When the file name shows up in the attached file section you have uploaded it. It won't show in the edit box, but will show up in the Preview Changes box.
No, I was trying to complete my registry. I got a message on the page after I saved it saying no one could see it until I added a photo. Choices were an URL, which I don't have, and "upload." When I click on upload, it just closes the box, and throws me back on the page. (I did just upload one to this response, though.)

Thanks for the response!
Attached Thumbnails
fullsizeoutput_165f.jpg  
Old 07-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #5

Louisiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_In_Austin View Post
No, I was trying to complete my registry. I got a message on the page after I saved it saying no one could see it until I added a photo. Choices were an URL, which I don't have, and "upload." When I click on upload, it just closes the box, and throws me back on the page. (I did just upload one to this response, though.)

Thanks for the response!
I would try again from time to time. The first time I tried it kind of hung and didn't do anything. The second time, it went fine. I could be that the site was very busy at the time.

Best of luck on this.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:42 PM   #6

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minimalist View Post
I would try again from time to time. The first time I tried it kind of hung and didn't do anything. The second time, it went fine. I could be that the site was very busy at the time.

Best of luck on this.
I will. I'll figure it out at some point!
Old 07-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #7

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Okay, just to be sure. At the bottom of the Quick Reply window, click on Go Advanced. Then click on the paper clip icon. That brings up a window with 4 Choose File boxes and an Upload button. click on each Choose File box and select your photo. When done click on the Upload button.
Sorry if all that's too obvious, but it's often in the details.

Walt
Old 07-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #8

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Okay, just to be sure. At the bottom of the Quick Reply window, click on Go Advanced. Then click on the paper clip icon. That brings up a window with 4 Choose File boxes and an Upload button. click on each Choose File box and select your photo. When done click on the Upload button.
Sorry if all that's too obvious, but it's often in the details.

Walt
Thanks. It was the "registry" page to which I was trying to add a photo. I realize now ~ instead of "upload" ~ I had to click on "choose file" first. I got it! Thanks for the response!
Old 07-21-2017, 07:42 PM   #9

Name: Jeanne
Trailer: In the market
Arizona
J.C. - I hope you got it all sorted out and are enjoying Bernie. We moved to Arizona after over twenty years in Austin. And I am very partial to little white dogs! Jeanne
Jacques in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:34 PM   #10

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques in AZ View Post
J.C. - I hope you got it all sorted out and are enjoying Bernie. We moved to Arizona after over twenty years in Austin. And I am very partial to little white dogs! Jeanne
Lucky you! I'd LOVE to move out of Austin! I've been through Arizona on two of my road trips so far. I have a friend in Phoenix, and I've stayed in Marble Canyon to take photos of the California Condors. Love Arizona!

And your pups are darling! (I did figure it all out; thanks to all!)