Family first - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2018, 09:05 AM   #1

Name: Keith
Trailer: ECO
Mississippi
Family first

Hello all,

We have bought our very first FG rv. 1973 ECO. It is currently stripped and ready to be rebuilt. I plan on capturing every moment of the rebuild and sharing. We have wanted one of these for many years now and stumbled across this beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
85B309BF-D16E-4577-94E8-C28AF94B4C27.jpg  
aarongrey67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Congratulations, Keith! We look forward to following your rebuild as you post your progress.

Many memories on the way.....and that's even before you actually get to camp in it!!

And welcome, too. We are happy to have you here.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #3

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
I want to say it's gorgeous but.... what I really mean is it will be once you get through improving its condition from where it is to where you will take it to. Everything you do will be making a significant or highly noticeable improvement.

Behind the barn or neglected project rescues can be very rewarding.

It looks like the axle/suspension is letting it ride very low. Based on the line of the wheel well opening going across the wheel a fair amount below the tire itself.

I don't know the Eco suspension but if it is a torsion axle like a Scamp that would indicate a need for a replacement. The good news is those axles last 20 to 30 years so probably not going to need to do it twice.

Love the inset tail lights and crank open windows Someplace I have a diagram of how to use that tarp track with a standard nylon or poly tarp by making simple hangers. Make your own Awning Track Hangers | PopUpPortal

You can get nice tarps with a line sewed into edge to feed into the track but I find these homemade hangers work well and allow me to use cheap $5 tarps that will tear apart before the track pulls loose and can be replaced at any walmart. For nice weather or big shade I have a large nylon tarp that I use the same hangers with.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote