Family full-timing in new Casita 17 Spirit Standard - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2016, 02:05 PM   #1

Name: Adam
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
Family full-timing in new Casita 17 Spirit Standard

Hello!

We picked up our new Casita a few weeks ago and I just wanted to introduce ourselves here since I've lurked for a while now. We are a family of three -- our daughter is 2 -- plus a dog who decided to live and travel in a Casita sans bathroom. We are coming from a year+ on the road with a large Class A that was just too limiting in so many ways.

We've been with Betty White -- our Casita's name -- for just over three weeks now and couldn't be more pleased. There are adjustments, of course, in moving to such small a space, but we have been looking forward to the challenges that it will bring. Like so many other folks out there traveling, we have a blog and all the relevant social media accounts, and we'd love it if you want to come along for the ride!

http://tinyasscamper.com
https://www.instagram.com/tinyasscamper/
https://www.instagram.com/his.tinyasscamper/
https://www.instagram.com/her.tinyasscamper/

Cheers!
Adam
huckleberrybound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:24 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Welcome, Adam!

I tried to read some of your blog but for some reason, all I can get is the photos.

Sounds to me like this transition will make for good reading ....especially love the name of your blog!

Since I can't read it yet, what chief reason made you switch from a giant coach to a Casita? Unless I am mistaken, to me, it would seem that life in the coach with a 2 year old would be easier....although not necessarily as much of an adventure!

Again, we're glad you decided to lurk-no-more. Your family adds 3 more souls to our big extended family here.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:49 PM   #3

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
Welcome, Adam!

I tried to read some of your blog but for some reason, all I can get is the photos.

Sounds to me like this transition will make for good reading ....especially love the name of your blog!

Since I can't read it yet, what chief reason made you switch from a giant coach to a Casita? Unless I am mistaken, to me, it would seem that life in the coach with a 2 year old would be easier....although not necessarily as much of an adventure!

Again, we're glad you decided to lurk-no-more. Your family adds 3 more souls to our big extended family here.
Theresa, I can get to the blog. You either click on the photos themselves, or perhaps an arrow down between the photos. Or, you wait for the page to continue loading so the link shows up. At any rate, one of these things worked, just not sure which!
Old 10-26-2016, 07:44 PM   #4

Name: Adam
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
Welcome, Adam!

Hi Theresa,

I'm not sure what happened when you visited the blog, but you should be able to click the menu at the top for blog, any of the recent posts in the carousel on the main page, or simply visit Blog – Tiny Ass Camper to go straight there.

As for our decision to downsize, we'll be writing a post about that soon. I'll say here that we were driven by simplicity and adventure, and while sticking with a 43' diesel pusher with three slides and one-and-a-half baths would certainly have been easier during the times we're in one spot, that doesn't necessarily make for better experiences on the whole. We decided it might be good to challenge ourselves and show our daughter (and each other) that less can be more in almost every way, it just comes down to perception and an open mind.

So, it's a topic that's near and dear to us, and we will certainly give it more attention soon!

Thanks for the support and for your curiosity. Adam
huckleberrybound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita