Family of four with our "Yippy" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #1

Name: Sarah
Trailer: 1978 Boler 17
British Columbia
Wink Family of four with our "Yippy"

Hello from Vancouver Island.
We are a family of 4 who love our 17 Boler "Yippy" and have been the proud owners of it for 4 years. (Although I fear we are outgrowing it fast.).
She has some issues for sure, which is how I found this forum, but it just adds to her charm...or so I keep telling myself ; )
Boler 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Sarah, welcome to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here. Charm, now there's the perfect word for a classic molded fiberglass trailer
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Welcome to our crazy and wonderful group! And remember, that if Yippy needs a new home, there are lots of people who would love to love her, and allow you to move up to a little bigger FG buddy!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #4

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Hey Sarah,
Nice to see another Vancouver Islander here. There's been several who have come on board in the few months I've been on this forum. We're all bound to run into each other out there on the road sometime. We've got several weeks planned for mid-Island camping next summer and hopefully a whole month at Pedder Bay come late August. Take heart on Yippy's size. I ran into a family of 4 (with 2 teenagers) who had come all the way from Quebec with their 13 ft Boler this summer.
Where on the Island are you?
Best wishes,
Phil
Old 09-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #5

British Columbia
Thanks for the warm "hello's"

We are up around Courtenay. Lived here for 5 years. Care to share some of your favourite places to camp on the island? With the ferry being so expensive, especially with trailer in tow, we are forced to stick close to home, which really isn't so bad at all!
We explore Mohun & Morton lake last weekend and has quickly become on of our favourite places with the kids.

~S

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves99 View Post
Hey Sarah,
Nice to see another Vancouver Islander here. There's been several who have come on board in the few months I've been on this forum. We're all bound to run into each other out there on the road sometime. We've got several weeks planned for mid-Island camping next summer and hopefully a whole month at Pedder Bay come late August. Take heart on Yippy's size. I ran into a family of 4 (with 2 teenagers) who had come all the way from Quebec with their 13 ft Boler this summer.
Where on the Island are you?
Best wishes,
Phil
Old 09-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #6

Name: Rudi
Trailer: 17' Boler
British Columbia
More island camping

Hi Sarah,

We are in Campbell River, and we really enjoy Morton Lake as well. Ralph River campground at the end of Buttle Lake in Strathcona Park has some good hiking trails around it, and Buttle Lake campground has a nice sandy beach and a playground area. Our 8 year old loves Pacific Playgrounds, because he can ride his bike in circles for the whole day, meet lots of other kids, and go swimming. We find it too civilized, and it costs about 30 bucks a night!

Rudi
Rudi and Sherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #7

British Columbia
Hello!

Yes, we too find Pacific Playground too civilized too and the cost makes me puke in my mouth just a little, but with all the cougar sightings and attacks I'm very leery to walk anywhere "woodsy" with our 7 & 9 year old.

I'd like to find a nice campground to celebrate thanksgiving in before putting the trailer away for the season. I'm thinking on Quadra perhaps. I have a vision of waking up to falling leaves, gentle lapping waves and a hot cup of coffee...however, a stiff wind, sloppy rain and shooting pinecones is probably more like it ; )
Perhaps back to Morton we will go....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi and Sherri View Post
Hi Sarah,

We are in Campbell River, and we really enjoy Morton Lake as well. Ralph River campground at the end of Buttle Lake in Strathcona Park has some good hiking trails around it, and Buttle Lake campground has a nice sandy beach and a playground area. Our 8 year old loves Pacific Playgrounds, because he can ride his bike in circles for the whole day, meet lots of other kids, and go swimming. We find it too civilized, and it costs about 30 bucks a night!

Rudi
Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quadra is nice but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boler 17 View Post
Yes, we too find Pacific Playground too civilized too and the cost makes me puke in my mouth just a little, but with all the cougar sightings and attacks I'm very leery to walk anywhere "woodsy" with our 7 & 9 year old.

I'd like to find a nice campground to celebrate thanksgiving in before putting the trailer away for the season. I'm thinking on Quadra perhaps. I have a vision of waking up to falling leaves, gentle lapping waves and a hot cup of coffee...however, a stiff wind, sloppy rain and shooting pinecones is probably more like it ; )
Perhaps back to Morton we will go....?

Hold onto your wallet. The ferry trip alone could cost you over 75 bucks, given that your combined car and trailer might be 30 or more feet plus 4 people

I bet Morton Lake looks better all the time!

Rudi
Old 09-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #9

Name: Larry
Trailer: currently shopping
British Columbia
One of our favourite camping trips ever was when my wife and I drove up Vancouver Island to Telegraph Cove, Alert Bay and Malcolm Island. Lots of beautiful places around there. I was particularly intrigued by the campsite on Malcolm Island, at Bere Point. Do you happen to know if it's really hard to find a spot there? Seems like it'd be busy all the time to me.

Can anyone recommend any must-visit campsites and beaches at the northern end of Vancouver Island?

...lars
lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #10

British Columbia
North Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars View Post
One of our favourite camping trips ever was when my wife and I drove up Vancouver Island to Telegraph Cove, Alert Bay and Malcolm Island. Lots of beautiful places around there. I was particularly intrigued by the campsite on Malcolm Island, at Bere Point. Do you happen to know if it's really hard to find a spot there? Seems like it'd be busy all the time to me.

Can anyone recommend any must-visit campsites and beaches at the northern end of Vancouver Island?

...lars

Hi Lars,

We've never camped on Malcolm Island, but yes there are lots of beautiful places up there. Check out this link. I'm sure it would be a wise idea to reserve.

Mount Waddington

Rudi