Four weeks to go - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #1

Name: Doug
Trailer: Trillium 1300 (2006 Rav4 V6)
Alberta
Four weeks to go

I've been perusing this excellent forum for weeks. I recently purchased a 1974 Trillium 1300. It requires some upgrades so that we can safetly and comfortably take a cruise down the Pacific Coast. Some photos in the Album.
I don't have time to carry out a full reno. This week I'll have Outback install electric brakes, check the frame and bolt integrity and fix me up with a front rock shield and awning rail. There is some cracking of the internal fg at the front end. All fixable, I'm sure. I'll likely tackle re-installing the windows and fixing up the wavy trim and ensolite re-glue. There are numerous drill holes that require plugging. The furnace requires a new pilot supply tube and the fridge is a bit of a mystery. Ofcourse, essential to the comfort is new cushion covers and curtains! The Clerk of Works is pushing for new foam. The bottom bunk will become the bairn's cot area and top bunk will become a storage area.
A few questions; What is the purpose of the entry/exit hole to the left of the door? There is no hatch to close it off and it accesses difficult to reach space below the cupboard bottom. Maybe use this to bring in 110V.
Can I expect the fridge (Dometic VT-24-1) to work?
Are lots of people still using their mid-70s Duotherm furnaces?
Still working on a 4-cyl TV; pondering an X-Trail that has 2,000lbs rating. The only Subarus I can afford have high mileage. Enjoy the pics, if you care to look. I'll update as progress is made. All very exciting.
Doug in Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Doug, welcome to FiberglassRV. We're glad you're here

It is all very exciting isn't it I don't own a Trillium, so can't answer your questions and will leave that to the experts.

Have a ton of fun and make a million good memories on your trip!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 78 Trillium 13 ft / 2003 F150
Hi Doug,

Yes, that hole looks like one for a power cord. However, the 1300s I have
seen have the electric cord hole on the other side just aft of the lower
refrigerator grill vent with the old 12V DC power converter mounted under
the interior propane heater vent. New power cord hatches are available:

RV Camper Power Cord Hatch / Cover - White - Brand New

Good Luck, Larry H
Larry C Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #4

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
These Trilliums all seem to be constructed a little differently. I'm told that is because where the trailer was constructed, they usually added whatever equipement was available in that area. I've seen Trilliums with the power cord connection on the left side of the trailer, others have the electrical connection on the right side.

We do not tow our trailer with anything small so I cannot speak on that issue. Usual tow vehicle is a much modified 1937 Plymouth (can you say Hot-Rod??). Our other tow vehicle is a 'modified' '06 Dodge Dakota Quad-Cab. Pictures I've enclosed show the trailer with power cord on the left side.

Note the water hose leading to the other side of the rear end of the trailer. We use water this way so as to never have water inside the trailer. This makes for NEVER having to fret about winterising (freeze ups)
Attached Thumbnails
Early Fall 2012 pix 009.jpg   Early Fall 2012 pix 007.jpg  

Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #5

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
I have a 1975 Trillium (Made in Canada) and the 110 v line comes in on the left hand side of door. I would prefer it on the other side.
My TV is a 2007 Chrysler Sebring with a 2.7 V6. I notice a considerable drop in milage .

Ron
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #6

Name: Doug
Trailer: Trillium 1300 (2006 Rav4 V6)
Alberta
Thanks for the info. Trillium is at the shop having brakes added and frame 'touched-up'. On her return, I'll get stuck into the electrics and re-doing the butyl and plywood around the windows. Safe and leakproof are top priorities.
Doug
Doug in Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #7

Name: Ben
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
Congrats on your new trailer!

I have the identical trailer (aside from the outside colour) and it has been awesome! It was in similar shape when I bounght it but I think it turned out well. Im looking forward to seeing yours all fixed up.
Benissimo is offline   Reply With Quote