From Raennshadow - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #1

Name: Raennshadow
Trailer: Bigfoot 17ft. 1987?
Washington
From Raennshadow

Hi; I am new to this group. We just bought a 1987 Bigfoot, which we will be picking up as soon as we can get a trailer hitch put on our 1995 Honda Passport. We live in Hoquiam, Washington State right on the Hoquiam River...so it is almost like camping right here at home. I used to have a 1980 Scamp...which I loved, but my husband thought we needed a larger rig, so we have gone through a bunch from A Toyota Keystone in 1980 to a 26 foot Holiday Rambler...and I am finally back to my first love, an egg! I really like the looks of our new to us Bigfoot, although I have not seen it yet. It looks so bright and cheery with all the windows and open space! I imagine our first shakedown cruise will be to Potlatch State Park up on the Hood Canal. We try to camp there at least for a week every year...so if you happen to see our Bigfoot up there, drop by and say "Howdy!" So glad to be aboard.

Raennshadow
Raennshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi! Welcome to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here. I used to dive in the Hood Canal, beautiful area. You're lucky to have that as a home base.

Looking forward to pics too
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #3

Washington
We actually live about an hour from he Hood Canal, but almost anywhere in Washhington is beautiful. Before moving to Hoquiam, we lived on Bainbridge Island and most of u camping was in the Olympic Mountains until we started skiing at age 50...and started camping and skiing around Stampede Pass. My goal was to camp at every state park in the state...stll a long way off. Every year for the past 13 years we have met my brothers and sister at Collegiate Peaks Campground in Coloeado where our dad first took us in 1954 to climb mountains. Now we most sit around the campfire, telling old war stories of who had the scarriest...therefor the most exciting climbs wih dad!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Have you camped at Maryhill SP? A bunch of us will be in that park next May... would love to meet you:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...may-53819.html

AND, we'll perhaps be returning to the Morton area in June. This is from the archives from last year: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-49662.html

Another group is meeting next month here in Oregon: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-49979.html

and then again next April: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-53496.html

Lots of opportunities to meet like minded people and view fabulous modifications.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #5

Washington
I have...but in a tent. Our RV is actually located near Eugene, Oregon and we will be picking it up probably sometime this week. We actually combine camping with fishing whatever is in season...but this year the Hood Canal is closed to all shellfishing because of redtide, but we will probably go, just so my husband can salmon fish...and we can do a shake down not too far from home. I am giving up my backup tents and things, so that will be very hard for me. They tell me I was 3 months old when I first tent camped in a floorless Boy Scout tent. I have hiked clear across the Olympic Mountains...and many trails several times...with backpacking tents etc. Uusally my Scamp was our basecamp for whoever was tending the pickups and drop offs. And of course we camped all across the U.S. In every state but Louisianna and to Alaska. Did not camp in Hawaii...but spent the nigh on he beach.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #6

Washington
I'm 76 so my days of roughing it are over and I look forward to taking it easy in campgrounds...preferably with swimming nearby.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #7

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raennshadow View Post
I'm 76 so my days of roughing it are over and I look forward to taking it easy in campgrounds...preferably with swimming nearby.
very cool. love washington though i only spent 1 day there,lol.
was on my way home from viet nam. we landed, i took one step off the plane and was overwhelmed by the smell of pine. i don't think the others could smell it, but after two years in asia,, it was like perfume to me.
an hour later i was being fed steak and eggs and milk,,,god life was good....lol. anyway in about 4 hours time i was on my way home.

well you hook up with some of the other campers around there, you will learn a lot and find new friends. and please,,,don't keep telling your hubby about all the time he wasted that you could have been having fun with your scamp.lol
Old 09-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #8

Name: chad
Trailer: 1975 Scamp- Super Cozy Ambulatory Mega Party, 1980 Boler B1500 15'
Alaska
Registry
Harbor Rain

Welcome from a former Harborite! Aberdeen born and raised.
I actually have the Reynvaan Drive sign from Central Park pointing up my driveway here in Anchorage. --Chad
AKSCAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #9

Washington
Reynvann sign

It's been replaced! Dove past it today! LOL!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #10

Washington
Actually, I drove past it!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #11

Name: chad
Trailer: 1975 Scamp- Super Cozy Ambulatory Mega Party, 1980 Boler B1500 15'
Alaska
Registry
haha, the diving imagery was so good though.
AKSCAMP is offline   Reply With Quote