From the tent to a FGRV! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-26-2015, 09:55 PM   #41

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahspins View Post
Definitely a previous owner mod - originally it would have run along the back of the camper and under the street side bench - good news is that it's easily replaced, you'll just need to pull the dinette benches to run the new line, and they are some of the easier ones to remove. This will also give you the opportunity to fully inspect for any water damage to the floor under there.
Just as I suspected! Thank you for the precise location and instructions! Adding this to my Friday list!

We got the antenna pulled and the holes patched on Monday. Removed all the cupboard doors and I am in the process of stripping off the paint and will refinish the wood. Washed the inside walls, polished up all the windows and the belly band. Ordered new stripe, new Scamp decals, door seal, window seals, rivet covers, cushion covers and tire cover from Scamp and Vintage Trailer today. Washed the curtains, which look brand new. Still hoping to get pictures posted soon. Maybe befores and afters
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:01 PM   #42

Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Congratulations! Enjoy your new Scamp! Glad everything went well with the seller and the trip home.

Many happy travels!
The seller was fantastic. They spent a lot of time letting my husband go over the camper, answering any questions, checking into and adjusting/fixing any items he had questions about. They know the guy who consigned the camper to them, so they had a lot of information about modifications and where the camper has been and how it has been cared for. They really were fantastic to work with, just a small RV sales place, with great customer service. Definitely happy with our purchase!
Old 05-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #43

Colorado
Registry
Finally adding some pictures! These were taken in the hotel parking lot the day we picked it up.
Attached Thumbnails
051.jpg   040.jpg  

036.jpg   053.jpg  

Old 05-30-2015, 08:28 PM   #44

Colorado
Registry
Outside photos. So far we've repainted the inside, removed and repainted the cabinet doors (still green, because I love green, but a different color), removed the decals in prep for new decals and we'll be getting new cushion covers from Scamp this week. We've also removed the antenna from the top, which has been a fun fiberglass project
Attached Thumbnails
006.jpg   017.jpg  

Scamp Camper 019.jpg  
Old 06-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #45

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Congratulations on your new camper, Emily! Looks like you found a great one in really nice shape. Now get out and camp!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:30 AM   #46

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Gail & I honeymooned in the Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park 41 years ago, and then as we had kids, brought them up camping in tents. Even after the kids were grown and gone, we were inveterate tent campers. As our backs deteriorated, we looked for beds to camp in, and started with a Sunline Sunspot, a tiny travel trailer we liked so much we bought a bigger Sunline, a 1450 IIRC. We soon discovered stickies were not for us, researched what would be best to move into retirement with, and bought an egg!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote