geeked to be a new Burro owner + new to forum - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #21

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post
I'm trundling over to Pittsburgh on Friday to pick up my dad and his truck, and then we're going to just blast on up to Minneapolis overnight, collect the camper Saturday morning, and then blast on back to Pittsburgh so I can catch a Megabus back to Philadelphia Sunday night in time to be at the office Monday morning. I feel tired already.
That's a long trip in good weather, over 14 hours one way from Pitt. I feel tired for you. Hope you have good weather, and the lake effect snows won't be a concern for your trip. Drive carefully.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Don't forget that if it has 13" tires the max speed is 65 mph. ( at least on mine )

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post
Alice, thanks! St Mary's is an adorable town. I love the northern tier of PA.

The Burro does not have brakes right now, so my plan is, after I go and fetch it this weekend, to leave it with an RV sales/service place near my folks' house in Pittsburgh to install a new axle with brakes and to give all the wiring a look-see.

I'm hoping for manageable weather this weekend. I'm trundling over to Pittsburgh on Friday to pick up my dad and his truck, and then we're going to just blast on up to Minneapolis overnight, collect the camper Saturday morning, and then blast on back to Pittsburgh so I can catch a Megabus back to Philadelphia Sunday night in time to be at the office Monday morning. I feel tired already.
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #23

Trailer: Lite House
Registry
I was also following that Burro on CL. Congratulations on getting (what appears to be) an excellent deal on a sweet little trailer.
Davie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #24

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Well, three cheers for a handy dad! We went our our Burro retrieval adventure over the snowy weekend. We'd had a feeling that the seller wasn't kidding when he mentioned that he wasn't an electrician, so my dad packed along some tools just in case...

On Saturday morning we met the seller, who was a nice honest guy, and ended up doing some minnesota-winter-morning wiring work to get the brake lights working. I know how to do a lot of things, but not so much wiring, and I'm super glad my dad was along for the trip and was able to macgyver the lights into operation in less than ideal work conditions. Otherwise a smooth trip despite the snow, which did slow us down a good bit on the return trip to Pittsburgh.

The camper is now hanging out at a trailer service place near my parents' place in the Pittsburgh area, getting new electric brakes and a wiring overhaul. I stripped the cushion covers and brought a couple of them home to Philadelphia with me so I can use them as patterns for new covers. The original foam is structurally in great shape, though a little mildewey smelling. I read a thread here about bathing cushions and a test run on one yielded encouraging results.

It could use a bit of sealing work around the windows, but otherwise it's campable as-is. I just want to do some cosmetic stuff, shining up the outside and doing new cushion covers and curtains and whatnot, maybe painting the original and now dingy looking cabinet doors, etc. My dad is eager to get the exterior painted but I'm undecided about that.

I think I'll name it Rucio, fitting for a Burro that's going to follow me around in support of adventures.

edited to add a pic from the trip:

jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yea Dad! (can I borrow him?) Glad you're home safe and sound Jen and have plans for your new-to-you Burro. Thanks for sharing the picture too
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro