Greetings All, New Guy Here - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2020, 12:58 AM   #1

Name: Rodney
Trailer: Casita
Indiana
Registry
Greetings All, New Guy Here

Just a quick hello to my new forum group members. I am fairly new to owning a fiberglass camper. I purchased a 1993 Casita 16' Freedom Deluxe last June and spent most of the summer months refurbishing/updating the old girl. We are not new to camping, just new to the small world of a Casita. We have camped in tents, truck campers, an Aliner, a toy Hauler and medium size (26') travel trailer. We based out of east central Indiana and our plan going forward is to pull our cozy Casita all over the country, that is once we get past this dang virus thing.

Thank you for having me here. I look forward to learning much from your prior experiences.

R. Frasier
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2900.jpg  
Rodcop9405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:42 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Welcome! Enjoy! Be sure to check out the manufacturers tab on the upper right of the page. There you will find a Casita section, and most of the threads on Casitas are cross listed there. You will find a lot of improvements, upgrades, and repairs others have done.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:04 AM   #3

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Welcome! Very nice looking classic. I especially like the look of the clean roof and curved door
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:44 AM   #4

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Welcome to the fiberglass world. I had a 1994 16er so I'm quite familiar with your rig. I see it is well decked out with furnace, AC and awning so you are well equiped. There are several major plumbing upgrades I did and recommend. For example, replacing p traps with Hepvo valves, especially the shower p trap. That'll eliminate having to use the dreadful external shower drain valve. Also upgrading and integrating the black and grey sewer connections will make for easier, faster, and less messy dumps.
Check out the Little House Customs store for more info on these and many more useful and fun mods.

Walt
Old 03-23-2020, 10:57 AM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
welcome

Welcome to a great site. My envy factor just kicked in while looking at your great rig!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:18 AM   #6

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Hi Rodcop .
Just having moved from Michigan last week to Indy makes me sort of your neighbor. Hoping the Michigan rally in September isn’t cancelled. It’s number 9 and I plan to attend for the 9th time.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:42 AM   #7

Name: Vicki
Trailer: Casita 16' Freedom Deluxe
Missouri
Hello Lucky Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodcop9405 View Post
Just a quick hello to my new forum group members. I am fairly new to owning a fiberglass camper. I purchased a 1993 Casita 16' Freedom Deluxe last June and spent most of the summer months refurbishing/updating the old girl. We are not new to camping, just new to the small world of a Casita. We have camped in tents, truck campers, an Aliner, a toy Hauler and medium size (26') travel trailer. We based out of east central Indiana and our plan going forward is to pull our cozy Casita all over the country, that is once we get past this dang virus thing.

Thank you for having me here. I look forward to learning much from your prior experiences.

R. Frasier

I have a 1995 Casita, looks a lot like yours. I love it, my personal rolling motel room.
GlassCastle is offline   Reply With Quote