Greetings from E TN! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Looking
Tennessee
Smile Greetings from E TN!

My wife and I are long-time campers, progressing over the years from backpacking to motorcycles and tents to slide-in campers to a fifth wheel (). As we are now more (ahem... ) "mature," we are downsizing and looking for a new vehicle. We think we'd like a small pull-behind that will work with our Honda Ridgeline, and are considering something like a Casita, Scamp, etc. Here's the issue: we have never actually been inside one, and there are none for sale close by. We'd love to contact someone with one of these units in the Knoxville, TN area who'd be willing to tell us about it and allow us to have a look. If we can determine that the size of these cute little campers won't be an insurmountable problem, then we'd be more willing to travel some distance to purchase one when a bargain comes along.

Any members close to Knoxville who'd like to share their views with us?
wldbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #2

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
I would suggest check on Craigs list everday in your area. That's how I found mine. I have seen small fiberglass campers for sale in your area. Be patient, then go look at it as soon as you can, when one hit's the market. Good luck.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Bill,

Welcome! I suggest you search this forum. The size varies with the camper you are looking at. It looks like your Honda will tow most if not all of the campers on this forum. You can search and find images and descriptions of different kinds and the space that they have. Unfortunately, the album feature is not up-to-date, although it might get you started looking at the different kinds. However, it does not include such campers as the Lil Snoozy, a new camper that has been receiving good reviews by people on this forum who are buying it.

Otherwise, join one of the rallies, i.e. the fish fry in May in IN, where you can tour a variety of the campers and see if you would be comfortable in one of our babies.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #4

Name: Don
Trailer: 13ft Scamp sold looking now for something larger
Texas
Smile

Aw if you are feeling froggy, just jump! We have had several of EVERYTHING from truck campers and tent campers to customized luxury highway buses, and in our mature years THINK we need a 13 foot Scamp. If we are wrong, it will be listed for sale here, but I think we will love it for our type camping. I bought it sight unseen almost 1400 miles away, it is being picked up for delivery today. I will be excited to see it arrive
DonFromTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Welcome Bill
Check out The Egg Camping Club of Georgia, Tennessee, & Alabama Forums They are an Egg Camping Club in your area I'm sure some of their member would be more than happy to show off their trailer's.
I think they just had a get together last weekend in Townsend Tn. I am a member but I live about 500 miles away from you.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #6

Tennessee
Thanks for the tips!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #7

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Isn't there a rally coming up in Townsend, Tn? " the quiet side of the Smokies ".
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bill, welcome to FiberglassRV

If you're interested in purchasing new, I'd suggest contacting each manufacturer. All have names of owners who are willing to show their trailers in a Referral program. Nothing beats seeing a trailer (brand) in person. Brochures are nice and give you ideas... but being inside a trailer gives you the prospective you need.

Good luck on the egg hunt.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #9

Name: Bob
Trailer: 2004 Scamp 16SD
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wldbill View Post
My wife and I are long-time campers, progressing over the years from backpacking to motorcycles and tents to slide-in campers to a fifth wheel (). As we are now more (ahem... ) "mature," we are downsizing and looking for a new vehicle. We think we'd like a small pull-behind that will work with our Honda Ridgeline, and are considering something like a Casita, Scamp, etc. Here's the issue: we have never actually been inside one, and there are none for sale close by. We'd love to contact someone with one of these units in the Knoxville, TN area who'd be willing to tell us about it and allow us to have a look. If we can determine that the size of these cute little campers won't be an insurmountable problem, then we'd be more willing to travel some distance to purchase one when a bargain comes along.

Any members close to Knoxville who'd like to share their views with us?
Bill,

You missed a chance to look at over 70 units at the Tremount Campground in Townsend this weekend. We had a blast. I live in Corryton. Which part of Knoxville are you in?

Bob
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #10

Tennessee
Hi Bob,

We're actually in Sharps Chapel, just up the road from you. If you'd be so kind, we'd like to take a look at your camper. Too bad about missing the Townsend fling; what an opportunity that would've been!

Bill
Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #11

Name: Bob
Trailer: 2004 Scamp 16SD
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wldbill View Post
Hi Bob,

We're actually in Sharps Chapel, just up the road from you. If you'd be so kind, we'd like to take a look at your camper. Too bad about missing the Townsend fling; what an opportunity that would've been!

Bill
Bill,

I will send you a private message.

Bob
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote