Greetings from las vegas ! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #21

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
I'm looking at the 22' - the more I've thought about it, the more I think I need the space for the menagerie - two cats and an Amazon parrot. There's a fellow picking up a 22' who lives in Tucson. I think he's planning a trip up the east coast before returning, so maybe you could see his. I do recommend a factory tour, though. All your questions can be answered by Robert.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:26 AM   #22

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Greetings from las vegas !

I want to thank everyone for their input! The information has been most helpful! For a new comer, it sure is helpful to have people with so much knowledge about RVs to be nice enough to share their knowledge with beginners! This information will help me to get the right RV for me and my family!!!!!
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:04 AM   #23

Name: Lou
Trailer: Waiting for a 17' Oliver
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzrmm View Post
Travel for the "right" trailer is not a problem.

After researching the manufacturers, including quality control, service and support, amenities and options, style, etc I have decided to narrow my search to ESCAPE, BIGFOOT, and OLIVER.

My preference is the OLIVER, but because of the limited numbers produced in the initial offering years ago they are the most difficult to find. I'm a little hesitant to buy an ESCAPE or a BIGFOOT trailer now (unless it was priced where I just couldn't say no) and then have to sell it prior to having one built to spec when OLIVER starts production of the 17' sometime in 2015. Too bad I can't talk them into making a pre-production beta unit.......

Thank you for the links and keeping me in mind.
I was in your same position not long ago. I really wanted one customization to a trailer for specific tank monitor, but none of the current manufacturers would do it. I almost threw in the towel and considered a camplite even though it isn't a four season trailer and then I found Oliver. They already had the tank monitor I wanted and seemingly, many of the aftermarket modifications people perform as part of the stock design. I did consider Bigfoot, but after heading to Oregon to see and possibly drive home with one, while very nice, it just didn't do it for me.
If I hadn't built the waste dump and storage expecting a 17' or I would jump on a 22. I'll stick it out rather than extending the building and having more concrete poured - for the time being...
scriptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:11 PM   #24

Name: Michael
Trailer: Selling OLIVER Legacy Elite
Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptx View Post
I was in your same position not long ago. I really wanted one customization to a trailer for specific tank monitor, but none of the current manufacturers would do it. I almost threw in the towel and considered a camplite even though it isn't a four season trailer and then I found Oliver. They already had the tank monitor I wanted and seemingly, many of the aftermarket modifications people perform as part of the stock design. I did consider Bigfoot, but after heading to Oregon to see and possibly drive home with one, while very nice, it just didn't do it for me.
If I hadn't built the waste dump and storage expecting a 17' or I would jump on a 22. I'll stick it out rather than extending the building and having more concrete poured - for the time being...
I will continue to search for the elusive OLIVER 17' until the factory starts making them again sometime next year. After talking with Robert at the factory I am told that there have been numerous requests for the 17' and that it will produced again but not anytime soon.
Cruzrmm is offline   Reply With Quote