Greetings from Texas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #1

Name: Jan
Trailer: '96 Scamp 5th Wheel
Texas
Greetings from Texas

I am a wanna be owner looking for my perfect trailer. I have mostly looked at Casitas as they are made here and readily available to inspect but I am planning on fulltiming for a while and have found the size and insulation on the Bigfoot 17.5 to be a very interesting feature as I will be spending some time in the winter further north. I can't find any of them here in Texas to go and see. Anyone anywhere near the Dallas area with a Bigfoot? Any thoughts on suitability between the Casita and Bigfoot? Great forum with a wealth of information - I have been learning a lot. I'm looking forward to being able to participate as owner and traveler.
Janb313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janb313 View Post
I am a wanna be owner looking for my perfect trailer. I have mostly looked at Casitas as they are made here and readily available to inspect but I am planning on fulltiming for a while and have found the size and insulation on the Bigfoot 17.5 to be a very interesting feature as I will be spending some time in the winter further north. I can't find any of them here in Texas to go and see. Anyone anywhere near the Dallas area with a Bigfoot? Any thoughts on suitability between the Casita and Bigfoot? Great forum with a wealth of information - I have been learning a lot. I'm looking forward to being able to participate as owner and traveler.
Their was a 1997 Bigfoot 21 for sale in Texas last month. You might want a made down bed for full time living. The Bigfoot 17.5 does not have a made up bed.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #3

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
For fulltiming the extra inside width is pleasing, build quality is near the top.
One thing to be aware of is pulling will consume more gas than the others due to the extra weight and mass across the front.
I feel I could be very happy fulltiming in mine.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Jan, welcome to FiberglassRV. I'm sure you'll find the perfect trailer that suits your needs perfectly.

Just be aware, that extra insulation, etc. was an OPTION for Bigfoot and not all Bigfoots are four-season trailers. Do not "assume," but make sure you know before you buy... if four-season is truly important to you.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #5

Name: Chris
Trailer: 1990 17Ft BigFoot
Texas
Where in Texas are you? I just bought a 1990 Bigfoot 17 footer that I'll be bringing back to Houston mid to late September, you are more them welcome to check it out.
Whec716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #6

Texas
Thanks Donna - a very good point for me to check on.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #7

Texas
Chris, I'm in Dallas just a hop skip and jump away. I'd love to see you Bigfoot and hear about how you found it. Please keep me posted on you ETA
Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #8

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Jan,
Three ideas for you to consider:
1. I live in Arlington and would be happy to show you my 17' Bigfoot. PM me if you are interested.
2. The Bigfoot Owners Club International (BOCI) national rally is Sept 9-14 in Kerrville, TX. There will be all manner of Bigfoot products there.
3. The PineKnot Rally is Oct. 4-7 in Crockett, TX. There are 60+ trailers registered. Mostly Casitas but the will be Escapes, Scamps, Amerigo, and my Bigfoot in attendance.