Greetings from Tom and Barbara! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2016, 03:39 PM   #1

Name: Barbara
Trailer: Bigfoot
Colorado
Greetings from Tom and Barbara!

Hi, all! We are in the midst of ordering/purchasing a new 25' rear twin bed Bigfoot and just joined here to get some opinions on options and benefit from those more experienced than we are.

We currently own a Casita 17' SD and love the darling egg. But, we spend the winter months vagabonding where it's warm and I need more than one drawer.

So, we have chosen all the options for our new trailer except generator ready, outdoor speakers and solar panels...we'll do the solar ourselves once we get it home.

We are unsure about 2 Fantastic Fans, though. Since we'll want to have as much flexibility as possible to install solar panels, we don't want to hamstring ourselves by putting fans everywhere...but we really do use our FF in our Casita. Any opinions on how we should proceed?

Thanks, thanks, thanks! We are so excited to finally make the move to a bigger trailer.

Barbara
Flourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:04 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourgirl View Post
Hi, all! We are in the midst of ordering/purchasing a new 25' rear twin bed Bigfoot and just joined here to get some opinions on options and benefit from those more experienced than we are.

We currently own a Casita 17' SD and love the darling egg. But, we spend the winter months vagabonding where it's warm and I need more than one drawer.

So, we have chosen all the options for our new trailer except generator ready, outdoor speakers and solar panels...we'll do the solar ourselves once we get it home.

We are unsure about 2 Fantastic Fans, though. Since we'll want to have as much flexibility as possible to install solar panels, we don't want to hamstring ourselves by putting fans everywhere...but we really do use our FF in our Casita. Any opinions on how we should proceed?

Thanks, thanks, thanks! We are so excited to finally make the move to a bigger trailer.

Barbara
They make a fantastic fan version that is not ceiling vent mounted. It is called the Endless Breeze . You can put it in front of an open window. Just ask them to put a 12 volt socket conveniently located for use with the portable fan close to windows if there is not already one near that location.

The other great thing about having that fan is you can use it when you are sitting outside under the awning on a warm day. Not just for keeping cool on a hot day, it will also help keep the bugs off of you. I it is not standard equipment request a 12 volt, exterior use rated, water tight, covered outlet installed so it is convenient for that use. Of course you can also use that socket to power 12 volt lights, portable speakers, 12 volt TV, etc. making that outdoor space function as another happy living space with some electrical options.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #3

Name: Barbara
Trailer: Bigfoot
Colorado
Thanks!

Oooo...those are good ideas. We'll talk to the dealer. Thank you!
Flourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote