Hello Everyone - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2020, 07:28 PM   #1

Name: Len
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Connecticut
Hello Everyone

We just bought a Compact Jr. that we found on this sight, (https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...act-junior-918) we are moving up from a homebuilt teardrop, of course the teardrop was a step up from tent camping by bicycle. (We still do enjoy bicycle touring) Spent four months living out of four panniers in 2007. So this trailer is like stepping up to a big class A camper.

The top was glassed in at some point, and a drop floor was added so there's still good head room.

The trailer is pretty good shape for a fifty year old trailer. Thanks to all her past owners that treated her well. I do need to fix a couple of lights, but its all going LED any ways. New tires, a radio...

Only problem is I don't have a lot of storage room so I'll have to sell the teardrop
Len Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:39 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
welcome

[welcome to the best site every! You will get used to carrying almost nothing in your camper.

we have tented in Europe many times and found with the limits on flying stuff we can get by with very little stuff!

Enjoy your new way of camping!!

bob

QUOTE=Len Bent;769558]We just bought a Compact Jr. that we found on this sight, (https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...act-junior-918) we are moving up from a homebuilt teardrop, of course the teardrop was a step up from tent camping by bicycle. (We still do enjoy bicycle touring) Spent four months living out of four panniers in 2007. So this trailer is like stepping up to a big class A camper.

The top was glassed in at some point, and a drop floor was added so there's still good head room.

The trailer is pretty good shape for a fifty year old trailer. Thanks to all her past owners that treated her well. I do need to fix a couple of lights, but its all going LED any ways. New tires, a radio...

Only problem is I don't have a lot of storage room so I'll have to sell the teardrop [/QUOTE]
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:26 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Hello Everyone

Drop floor... That’s really interesting. The original shell had a flat fiberglass bathtub floor with plywood on top. Is the drop floor only behind the axle in the galley area, or does it run the length of the aisle?

Drop floors are used in most of the Boler clones, including all Scamps. Makes for a rather complicated frame. Because they’re side entry, they cut the main frame rail on the curb side to extend the drop floor to the door. The Compact is rear entry, so much simpler.

I’d love to see some pictures of how they accomplished the drop floor.

Congratulations, and happy travels!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:43 PM   #4

Name: Len
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Connecticut
The drop floor is only behind the axle. Made with a good gauge steel and a plywood floor. It has a flange that sits on the floor and bolts the pan and floor to the frame.

The pop up section of the roof has been glassed in so well you can't tell that it was ever two pieces from the outside.

It all looks very well done and original.

This trailer has been posted for sale at least twice on this sight, this photo of it I found on-line. Looking at the photo and the trailer it is the same trailer.

If anyone has more history of this trailer I'd love to see it.
Attached Images

Len Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:13 AM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
welcome

welcome to you and enjoy your nice trailer!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: Hymer
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Bent View Post
Only problem is I don't have a lot of storage room so I'll have to sell the teardrop
My wife and I started out with a teardrop and LOVED it. But that was before the dog. Daughter. And youth sports every weekend. We had to part with ours, too.

Now the daughter is off to college and the new trailer is large enough to bring the dog. After 20+ years without a trailer, we are loving it. Enjoy!

OCJohn is offline   Reply With Quote