Hello from Bellingham, WA! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: 2004 Scamp 13'
Bellingham, WA
Hello from Bellingham, WA!

Hello all. New member but have been lurking for a week or so. Former mid-westerner tired of tent camping in the PNW rain. Time to upgrade! Able to talk the better half into an "egg" after she tripped over a tent pole in the rain and went sliding in the mud. Sooooo, looking for a used, structurally sound fiberglass trailer that might need a little bit of work or updating. It is just the two of us at this point, so I think we could get by with any of the standard sizes. We generally take a couple of 10 day trips a year heading south but would also like to explore our neighbor to the north (we are just 50 miles south of Vancouver, BC) and then on to Alaska in a few years.

I've enjoyed reading the wide variety of info on this wonderful site and hope to contribute a bit once we have our very own egg!

Take care,
Mark
4Runner_Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
HI Mark. Welcome to FiberglassRV, we're glad you found us!

You live very close to one of the premier molded fiberglass trailers made. Escape Trailer Industries. The owners, Reace and Tammy are members here. I know you're looking for used, you may want to check out the 2004 Trillium Outback they took in trade. Info is on the lower right of the main website and further pictures here at the Escape forum... price reduced to $9,900.

Good luck on your egg hunt
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #3

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Hey Mark,
Used to live in Bellingham, when I attended WWU. Loved it! Miss it! You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place. Oh, and welcome to the world of fiberglass trailers.
Marjie
Rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Hi Mark, there are meets held in the BC you may be intreasted in attending to get an idea of what you want. We have a large number of people south of the border who attend the meets.

A couple of websites to check out are:
The May 13-15, 2011 Nor west glass egg Meet | Glass Eggs Nor-West
https://sites.google.com/site/bcglasseggs/home
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Mark, Welcome! Hope you and your wife find the perfect trailer soon.

You are actually in a good area of the country to find a, new to you egg! Oregon being a really good area to shop the used market. (seems like there are a lot of egg's there).

You may also want to check out the up-coming spring/summer Rally's

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...her-43959.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-44070.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...1-a-42981.html

Not only will you be able to see lot's of great trailers, but meet some great people and perhaps find a trailer or two that are for sale. Good Luck!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #6

Bellingham, WA
Donna, Marjie, Carol, Robin;

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Seems like a great bunch of folks here. Yes, it seems like I should be able to find a unit somewhat close and I can look on both sides of the border. Do you know if there are any issues with purchasing a used trailer in BC and bringing it back home to WA?

Marjie, I am currently taking accounting classes at WWU in the hopes of passing the CPA exam in a few years. I haven't been able to find substantial employment in Bellingham since moving here from Des Moines, IA, in 2009. I do love the area, with the mountains and Puget Sound right in our backyard. Also nice to live within an hour or two of two world-class cities.

Julie and I would love to attend one of the upcoming rallies. Hopefully we'll have our own egg by then but if not, we will show up anyway!

Mark
Old 02-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #7

Name: Ed
Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirit Delux 16'
Florida
I used to get into Bellingham severval years ago. Working on a project in Lynden. Ate a lot of good seafood there. I also saw the sun many of the times I was there. The mountains are spectucular especially from FL where the highest point is a bridge going over the intercoastal waterway. Best of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Runner_Mark View Post
Hello all. New member but have been lurking for a week or so. Former mid-westerner tired of tent camping in the PNW rain. Time to upgrade! Able to talk the better half into an "egg" after she tripped over a tent pole in the rain and went sliding in the mud. Sooooo, looking for a used, structurally sound fiberglass trailer that might need a little bit of work or updating. It is just the two of us at this point, so I think we could get by with any of the standard sizes. We generally take a couple of 10 day trips a year heading south but would also like to explore our neighbor to the north (we are just 50 miles south of Vancouver, BC) and then on to Alaska in a few years.

I've enjoyed reading the wide variety of info on this wonderful site and hope to contribute a bit once we have our very own egg!

Take care,
Mark
Ed in Pensacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: Roadtrek 170P
Washington
Welcome! Your not too far from me I am looking for a used one too in the area, if I see any that look decent but are not right for us, you want me to let you know about them? I am just starting the hunt now.

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
http://WWW.VanTramps.Com
Mike in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #9

Bellingham, WA
Hi Mike. I went through Port Angeles last August on my way to camp out on the coast. Beautiful part of the world that we live in! I just missed out on a 98 Scamp 16' a few days ago. Perfect condition and the old guy selling it only wanted $4,995. Continuing the hunt and if I see anything that doesn't work for me, I'll let you know. There are several Bolers and a few Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) for sale up in BC right now.

Take care and thanks for the shout-out!

Mark
Old 02-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #10

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette Deluxe / 1997 Toyota T-100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Hi Mark, there are meets held in the BC you may be intreasted in attending to get an idea of what you want. We have a large number of people south of the border who attend the meets.

A couple of websites to check out are:
The May 13-15, 2011 Nor west glass egg Meet | Glass Eggs Nor-West
https://sites.google.com/site/bcglasseggs/home
That is a great idea Carol, we visit 2 meets and Saw Donna's Scamp deluxe and fell in Love with it, we looked for a long time and found just what we wanted. 2000 16 Foot Scamp Deluxe at a fair price.
D Tharp is offline   Reply With Quote