Hello from David NY - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-01-2023, 08:49 PM   #21

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
[QUOTE=David NY;853934]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
Welcome. We had a Prius and had to find a tow vehicle after ordering a Casita in 2019. We bought a used 2015 Chevy Colorado crew cab, V6, and tow package, 7500 pounds.

Thanks for mentioning this, I was researching the Colorado and then I came across a ton of negative comments about their seats. So many people complained about it being uncomfortable. Just so weird, never heard about something like that. Sounds like no issue to you, but have you heard about that?

Side note, whenever I see your avatar I'm thinking David Bowie. Am I far off that idea? Anyone else ever mention that to you? Look alike?

Pretty cool if it is.

Thanks, be well. David

Here is some more pictures she drew.

Click image for larger version

Name:	John.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	148614

Click image for larger version

Name:	3524.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	148615
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 09:11 AM   #22

Name: Melissa
Trailer: In the market
TN
Welcome to Fiberglass and Retirement!

We have a Scamp and love ours. No idea on tow for yours as ours is a 13` but getting a vehicle that doesn't stress under tow and plenty of tow power is the ticket. Research your options as much as you can...
Fast forward. We too are retired TN school teachers recently but we still have a teen so our travels are more limited because of a busy school and extracurricular activities.
If your Casita FB pages are like Scamp...it'll be full of helpful hints. You and your wife will feel like you have stepped into a luxury package!
Will you still enjoy tenting? Absolutely! I am still carrying our small tent for those nights of dry weather and a starry sky...but being in the dry while playing cards or eating is mighty nice. Otherwise, we didn't change a thing from tent camping...we eat outside, etc.
Also nice to run a small crockpot for a meal to have in evening without critters getting in it!
Enjoy!!!
Melissa T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 11:59 AM   #23

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Quote:
Originally Posted by David NY View Post
Thanks Bob, We’ve talked on casita. I asked about 6 vs 8 cylinder. Cold feet here.
Just saw this!

We pulled our fully outfitted Scamp Deluxe 16 (3,300 pounds wet) and our basic Spirit (no furnace, 5 gal fresh water, no grey or black tanks (2,700 pounds wet) with our 2003 Honda Odyssey for eleven years and well over 50,000 miles, averaging well over 16 mpg using the paper/pencil method (not the Lie-O-Meter) when pure-pulling. Never had a problem pulling either, including many miles in the Rockies.

Unfortunately the Odyssey died a rusty, Minnesota death. Both the engine and tranny were still strong at 277,000 miles.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:36 PM   #24

Name: David NY
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
New York
nice!

First i wish there was a like button to send out. Is there one?

Jgilliam1955, woa! Is this young girl a family member? Friend? Some talent.
I used to wear an America's Choice Hot Tuna painted jacket in the late 70's. My friend was an awesome artist. Sadly it was stolen from me, probably while I was "sleeping on a park bench" little Jethro Tull, (sitting).

Melissa T, one of the longest teaching weeks (going on year 29) back after knee replacement. Grade 3. Trying to motivate as best as I can.
Tents, always!
I brought a huge NF tent years ago and fit about 22 4th graders in, we read Birchbark House, tears in my eyes.
Then same tent, brought in wooden snowshoes, wife's fur coat, set up mini fake firepit and pool with sweedish fish. For my students and other small class. About an Alaskan village.
Whew, then I sey up a tent with another small class in their room for small group reading. Kids's were smiling, parents happy and everyone wished I did it in their class. Was science teacher for 17 plus years then into class on and off. sorry for talking to much.

I'll tell you about camping trips in Brooklyn! and upstate NY and Pete Seger's Clearwater sailboat in the 90's.

Perryb67....Sorry I typed so much I forgot what you wrote....yes about the van...but, our Denver daughter's (soon to be fiance) is from Minnesota and of course I'm giving them one of my royalex Old Town canoes and take them to the BWCA. I went solo there I'm guessing 4-5 years ago. Saw the painted mural on the Canadian side. I'm hoping to get back September of 24 after I retire. Plus I forgot but i'm also into winter camping, picked up a Snowtrekker tent and kni co stove again guessing 8 years ago. Wanna play around in Minn at some winter gatherings. Tried hammock hanging, but I'm not a back sleeper. Not bad for a boy from Queens NY.

Seems like I'm booking so many trips that September! haha

Small world out there, I bet we all know someone. Can't wait to meet up.
I'm a lot quieter during gatherings. Wife will tell you that's not true.

Best health and happiness to all.
David
David NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:39 PM   #25

New York
Jgilliam1955, I'm sorry but who is the gentleman under John?

oh my I'm getting a flashback....I forgot to tell you but 1981 - 82 or 1980-82 (little foggy on my years) I worked as a red jacket security guard in Bloomingdales in Manhattan. I was asked to walk Andy Warhol, Calvin Klein and some of their models around the store as cameras and news stations were filming. They had a few models with them, I recall Iman who was Bowie's wife or soon to be.

Well, of course being 20/21 years old I waved to the camera and said hello to my mom. Boss was not happy. Me and my MC Hammer pants, skinny tie and purple sham shirt an mullet. haha, I asked Andy if he needed a security guard when we were in the elevator. Well, that job didn't last to long but some parties went on those years there. I'll stop there, don't want the moderators to get upset with my blabbing..it was all because of your avatar! Be well.
1969 with your honey, nice. I'm with mine since 78.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:01 PM   #26

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by David NY View Post
Jgilliam1955, I'm sorry but who is the gentleman under John?

oh my I'm getting a flashback....I forgot to tell you but 1981 - 82 or 1980-82 (little foggy on my years) I worked as a red jacket security guard in Bloomingdales in Manhattan. I was asked to walk Andy Warhol, Calvin Klein and some of their models around the store as cameras and news stations were filming. They had a few models with them, I recall Iman who was Bowie's wife or soon to be.

Well, of course being 20/21 years old I waved to the camera and said hello to my mom. Boss was not happy. Me and my MC Hammer pants, skinny tie and purple sham shirt an mullet. haha, I asked Andy if he needed a security guard when we were in the elevator. Well, that job didn't last to long but some parties went on those years there. I'll stop there, don't want the moderators to get upset with my blabbing..it was all because of your avatar! Be well.
1969 with your honey, nice. I'm with mine since 78.
Thanks for your reply.
The artist is my granddaughter. She is in college now. The guy under John is an MMA fighter she liked.
Love your history.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 07:19 AM   #27

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
Thanks for your reply.
The artist is my granddaughter. She is in college now. The guy under John is an MMA fighter she liked.
Love your history.

Nice, I can imagine how many drawings she has produced for family and friends. I tell the young students that they each are talented and once they find their passion to go after it. I believe there should be more technical schools out there for students starting in middle schools.

Please add me to the list of telling her , wow, amazing and holy smokes!

Enjoy family and best wishes jg and thanks for sharing a bit of your story.

now, have you thought of giving her your fg trailer as a canvas and just give her free will? Man, that would be unique.