Hello from Kentucky - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #1

Name: Virginia
Trailer: Casita 17SD
Kentucky
Hello from Kentucky

Hello, my husband Jack and I have just ordered a Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe, to be picked up in March. Two years ago, we decided an RV would be a fun addition to our lives as we approach retirement, and so I started climbing the vertical learning curve that is RVs for Newbies. After looking at I can't say how many stick-builts and feeling a bit nervous about the many issues they seem to have, I discovered Casitas and realized they were perfect for us. We went up to the Ohio Rally this past August for a day. Seeing the different models and meeting some of this wonderful fiberglass RV community hooked us, and we're looking forward to this new chapter of our lives and meeting many of you on the roads.
Ginger40324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:42 AM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Welcome!

I have a Scamp, but I'm certain you will enjoy your Casita. The basic form and function of all these trailers are the same.

Just saw you pick it up in March, that's a pretty fast delivery date for these little gems. Congratulations.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:46 AM   #3

Kentucky
Thank you Lyle! I have learned so much perusing these forums prior to ordering our little egg. We must wait until March to pick it up, but the anticipation and planning will help make winter go quickly.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
Welcome Virginia and Jack. I think you will be happy with your selection of trailer. We purchased ours 2 years prior to retirement and spent a lot of that two years preparing the trailer for extensive travel. The last 2+ years we have been traveling and seeing the sights that we dreamed of. Sorry we missed you in Ohio. We went to that rally last year and enjoyed it but this year we were exploring the northern US and couldn't make it. Hopefully our paths will cross down the road.
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:58 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome to the forum, Virginia and Jack!

The rally was a great was to start your search. Enjoy the months of planning and anticipation!

Happy trails!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 10:55 AM   #6

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Hi......
I live in Louisville, if I can help
Chris
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:29 PM   #7

Kentucky
Thank you for your welcome! Larry, even if you had been at the rally we might not have seen you because there were so many Casitas as so little time. But we hope to meet you next Spring. Jon, the rally was indeed the perfect way to decide on a Casita. Happy owners are so much more effective salespeople! And thank you Chris, we will let you know if we have questions. That is most kind of you.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:15 PM   #8

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Virginia,

Laura and I bought a new to us Casita in November, '15 as part of some empty nest ideas. We camped 36 nights this camping season. Loved it. The Casita is wonderful.

Great to see another egg and Casita owner in KY!!!

Keep us posted on your egg and your camping plans.

Take care,

Dean
Old 12-04-2016, 06:45 AM   #9

Kentucky
Hi Dean, yes, I'm glad to be adding to the Casita ranks in KY! Our friends' typical response was "you bought a what...?"!! Our immediate plans include state parks that have lakes, as another new hobby is our kayaks. (If you also have 'yaks, please join us!) We hope to see you out and about next year.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #10

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
There is a rally in June in KY, Eggs A La Bourbon, in Bardstown at My Old KY Home State Park. We hosted last year, but have bequeathed it to a local, since we are in Chicago (My ancestor's whiskey still became part of Jim Beam.). Check it out.

CindyL
Old 12-04-2016, 10:25 PM   #11

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Virginia,

No kayaking yet, but would like to at some point.

Yup, think about the the Eggs A La Bourbon Rally in June at My Old Kentucky Home State Park. Also, think about the Land Between the Lakes Egg Rally in early October at Piney Campground (Dover, TN).

Hope to meet you in '17!!!!

Dean
Old 12-05-2016, 07:18 AM   #12

Kentucky
Cindy and Dean, the Bardstown rally sounds like fun! We'll see what our schedule looks like next year. I do know I have a conflict for the October event though. Maybe 2018...
Old 12-05-2016, 07:49 AM   #13

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Better reserve now and cancel later. There are a limited number of spaces left and many are difficult spaces. On the thread from last June for the rally at this campground, my husband identified what we saw as tough spots to avoid. Some are slanted so much, that you have to really jack up the front end of the camper. Others are slanted sideways.

Lots to do around there, a dinner train, several nice restaurants, good shopping, and of course, whiskey distilleries to tour. We reserved right after Troy agreed to take it over and chose to have it at Bardstown again.

CindyL