Hello from Northern Michigan - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-07-2020, 06:25 AM   #1

Name: Elly
Trailer: Casita
Michigan
Hello from Northern Michigan

Hello All!

I just purchased a 1985 Casita and have begun the process to revamp this little beauty. She was well cared for but has had 35 years of minor fix-ups. The outside is in excellent shape but the inside is musty and the sub-floor is punky and moldy.

I have begun the process of stripping her down to replace the floor and will replace the electrical, gas and plumbing.

I have two solid months to work on her and hope to be finished in time for fall camping in North East Michigan.

Love the support on this forum!
elly diamond

Elly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Welcome to the forum and the world of fiberglass. I hope you enjoy your project and camping in your new baby. You don't say if it's 13' or 16' but either way they can be a lot of fun. And don't forget: we love pics, before, during, and after.

Walt

Old 07-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #3

Name: GG
Trailer: Bigfoot
Illinois
Eastern "Northern Michigan", do you mean near Ontonagon or the Keweenaw Peninsula in the U.P.? Curious how packed the campgrounds are or will be in that area considering the Covid problem.
Recycle...ride your bike again.
oldsgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:52 PM   #4

Name: Elly
Trailer: Casita
Michigan
Alpena

I am located in Alpena, on the shore of Lake Huron. Alpena is home to Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary, Jesse Besser Museum and a host of outdoor parks and trails. Sadly, we are not home to a state park for camping. But, there are many within 30 minutes.

My Casita is 13 ft and in two days, I gutted the whole thing! I will post pictures on a different thread!

Let me know if you are in the area and looking for camping options or places to visit.
Elly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #5

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
Great idea to start a new thread just for your gutting and remodeling. Not as many of the Casita have gotten that treatment so it will be very informative to be able to follow along with your issues and solutions.

Welcome to a fellow Michigander!

I find the 13 ft. camper is a dream to tow. Easy on fuel and hey when it comes to floor coverings really inexpensive in terms of quantity of material required. :-)
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote