hello from spain - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2016, 07:57 AM   #1

Name: javier
Trailer: in the market
Spain
hello from spain

Hi all:

My name is Javier. I am spanish and i live in madrid.

I see nor many spanish here. i have a caravan niewiadow 126 from 1996.

we are three in the family, and last summer we went to paris, more than 3000Km in a great trip across spanish and France.

i love drive my little caravan, because in Europe people love biggest caravan, and are very surprse when i appear in a camping with my little caravan.

Some pics of my little caravan:

also you can see the youtube link just after buy it, clean a while and prepare for first trip.

BR
Javi.
latumbadehuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:59 PM   #2

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Welcome Javier
I really like your little camper and I'm jealous that you live in Europe!!!
Old 11-28-2016, 07:08 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome y bienvenidos, Javi!

North Americans also prefer larger RVs as a rule. I, too, enjoy the attention our little Scamp gets and the surprised looks when our whole family of four, including a teen and a pre-teen, emerge in the morning, like clowns from a Fiat 500!

Niewiadows, or Cadets as they are called over here, are neat little trailers. Haven't seen one in person, but there have been several renovation threads on this forum. Curious if yours is original or if you have made changes inside.

Sounds like a wonderful road trip!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:04 AM   #4

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Hi and welcome Javier.
That's a nice little Cadet. I've seen several like it in Canada and the US. It's a very practical and attractive caravan. I've seen at least one with a connecting screen room that was also quite nice.

Walt
Old 11-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #5

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
Hello Javier
What a nice little camper. I also like the little tent. Hope to hear more of your travels in Europe.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Looks good Javier.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves99 View Post
Welcome Javier
I really like your little camper and I'm jealous that you live in Europe!!!
================================================== ==

Welcome, Javier. I hope you tell us more about camping in Europe. I have visited quite a few campgrounds in Europe, and am interested in small trailers as are all the people on this site. Vaya con Dios ! DavidG (Fresno and Sonora, CA )
If my photos show; they are from France in 2013. The first is campers along the Canal Midi in Aquataine , S. France. The second is a nearby campground; just a grassy area or orchard where you park where you want. And this was high season.
Attached Thumbnails
P6230006.jpg   P6230019.jpg  

DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:42 PM   #8

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2004 Scamp 19'
California
Buen dia, Javier. Thank you for posting here. I had the privilege of spending 2 months in Spain and often thought that it would be a great place to travel with a small trailer, staying out of cities. You are a champion to be able to manage parking there. Please get in touch if you or friends come to southern California.
Jim Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #9

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Welcome, Javier! It has always been a dream of mine to travel and camp thru Europe.

Your photos show campgrounds that appear similar in design to North American ones. I noticed that you have your own table....are there tables provided at most sites?

I look forward to seeing more photos and reading more of your posts.

Again, we are glad you are here.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:24 PM   #10

Name: Estella
Trailer: Currently shopping.
California
Send a message via Yahoo to LaFille1
Hola Javier y familia,

¡Saludos desde el norte de California! Que gusto saber que desde de Madrid nos escriben con los mismos pasatiempos como nosotros los americanos. De verdad que ir a acampar es muy divertido y gratificante! He visto su video y me parece que tienen un camper excelente. Un dia no muy lejano voy a poder tener el mío también...no veo la hora!

¡Bienvenidos y que se diviertan!��
LaFille1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:56 PM   #11

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Javier,

Welcome! Great looking "egg" camper.

My wife was an exchange student in Spain when she was in college. Loves Spain. She hopes to take me to Spain some day!

Looking forward to reading about your camping adventures!

Take care,

Dean
Old 01-08-2017, 06:38 AM   #12

Name: Per
Trailer: Niewiadów
Västra Götaland
Holla Javier

Quote:
Originally Posted by latumbadehuma View Post
My name is Javier. I am spanish and i live in madrid.

... i have a caravan niewiadow 126 from 1996.

... last summer we went to paris, more than 3000Km in a great trip across spanish and France.

i love drive my little caravan, because in Europe people love biggest caravan, and are very surprse when i appear in a camping with my little caravan.

I'm from Sweden and have spent the last 10 winters in Marbella in southern Spain. My "lady" is originally from Spain and has got a flat in Marbella for 10-15 yers after she returned from London, where she lived for more then 20 years. It's a bit embarrassing to admit that I haven't learned to speak Spanish.

It's nice to see that you also got a Niewiadow N126. We've got one too (Niewiadow N126e from 2013) that we bought brand new from The Netherlands. Its towed with an VW Caravelle from 2003 that I've converted to a temporal Camping-Car during a number of years since I bought it 2006. I've driven the car back and fourth between Sweden and southern Spain once per year since I bought the car 10½ years ago. It's almost a 4.000 km (2485 miles) journey one way and it usually take us about two week. This is the second winter that we've got the Cadet with us to Spain.

I also got the same tent (Quechua Base Seconds from Decathlon) as you use with your caravan, but we used it with our Camping-Car before we got the caravan. It's a handy tent, even if it might take a few attempt to pack it until one's got hold of the technique.

Even tough we bought a brand new Niewiadow N126d I've put in quite a bit work to improve it further to suit our needs better. There're still some work to be done in pipe-line, but the major work has been done. My welcome thread contains photos of some of the improvements that I've done.

www.fiberglassrv.com - hi-from-europe-my-new-niewiadow-predom-n126d

Photos of our Camping-car and the latest improvements of the caravan can be found at a following Swedish caravan forum:

www.husvagnsforum.com - var-nya-mini-glasfiberhusvagn

Maybe we should create a thread about camping in Europe? I got a bit of photos from touring around in Europe during more then 10 years. Our Camping-Car has so far taken us to Spain, Andorra, France, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and Sweden. We've been to a few different Camping sites in different countries, and we free-camped a lot before we put the caravan on the towbar of the Camping-Car.
PerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:50 AM   #13

SW Virginia
Very nice Per, and nice to see what's happining in Europe on the MFGT scene. How long is your trailer, from hitch to rear? Looks shorter than anything recent in the US.

Walt
Old 01-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #14

Name: Per
Trailer: Niewiadów
Västra Götaland
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
How long is your trailer, from hitch to rear?
Hi Walt,

It's just under 4 meters from the hitch to rear, so it's very short.
PerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:07 AM   #15

SW Virginia
Okay, so that's about 13', similar to most of our small ones.
Thanks.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:12 AM   #16

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerH View Post
Hi Walt,

It's just under 4 meters from the hitch to rear, so it's very short.
That would be just under 13.123359... feet, so call it a13-footer.
We have those weird units here and some love them more (or less) than others...
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #17

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
That would be just under 13.123359... feet, so call it a13-footer.
We use weird units here and some love them more (or less) than others...
Edited for accuracy.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:38 AM   #18

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Thank you, Jim. When it comes to these units, we do need some precision...
Regards,
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #19

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Europe !

Greetings Per, Wonderful pictures of the trailer and cats ! Julie and I travel with our dog some of the time. As I mentioned before, I have traveled and camped in Europe, and Sweden is one of my favorite places. My family has some Swedish background and my father-in-Law spoke GamlaSvensk, as he left there in about 1912. I have visited Gotenburg and the W. coast as well as Stockholm and up to Jokk Mokk (?) above the Arctic Circle. Beautiful in summer ! !
You mentioned starting a European Camping Thread ; well, perhaps this is it ! We should encourage all of our caravan friends to travel as far as possible , meeting new friends and forging friendships in other countries. Our politicians do not seem to be capable of doing that. Let's encourage it !
I will try to find some of my photos of my visits to the area just south of you: Halmstad, Hesselholm, Bostad, Melbystrand. A friend lives in that area and we have explored the area by motorcycle and his WWII U.S. army Jeep. I hope you will keep us up to date on your travels, and send more photos so we can form a like-minded group who is interested in camping in Europe as well as the US. Have you seen the Swedish camper magazine HJULHUSET ? I met one of the contributors at a Vintage Trailer Campout here in the US, I think it was Per-Erik from Halmstad. Are you now in Spain, as it is winter ? Drive safely and Happy Trails. David and Julie, from Fresno and Sonora, Calif.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #20

SW Virginia
David
Your post made me think of a long term possibility that might be an outcome of this or a similar thread.
I'm thinking we might form some cross-pond friendships that might lead to swapping/sharing/renting trailers to facilitate some mutual visits.
I'd love the idea of camping in Europe, especially with some knowledgeable friends.
Time may be running out on me personally, but I'd love at least to be able to promote some exchanges.

Walt