Hello from the Redwoods - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-20-2015, 11:50 PM   #21

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
How exciting!
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:28 AM   #22

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
That's exciting news, Pat! Dogs and camping go together like peanut butter and jelly. Have a blast!

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:53 AM   #23
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinKees View Post
Update: It seems I have been searching forever. I have wandered like a nomad looking into eggs then truck campers (would have to buy a truck!), to class B's or even small class C's and to thoughts of giving up the whole idea. What I want and what I can afford seemed like they would never meet up.

And then, I spotted an ad for a barely used 13 foot 2014 Trillium. The price was doable, plus I realized I could swing by the city where it was on the way home from my January dog agility trial. I did just that this past Monday, loved it and ... finally took the leap!

My TV will have the electrical work it needs done tomorrow. On Jan. 29 I will drive back down to pick up my cute little Trillium.

Hello Robin. I have a 2010 Trillium that was made in California. Despite lots of build issues that we had to fix (ourselves), we really enjoy our trailer. The Trillium is a well thought out design.

Since I bought mine, manufacture moved to Arizona where the one you are looking at was probably built. The company was then sold to Great West in Canada. Best to assume the trailer is being sold "as is". Under tutorials on this page there is a buyers check list that will tell you what to look for. Use it. If you buy it, please check the lug nuts before you drive it down the road. Good luck, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:54 PM   #24

Name: Robin
Trailer: None: sold my 2014 Trillium 13'
California
Thanks all! 6 more days, not that I'm excited or anything! My TV is wired, everything is good to go. I've been on a mini spending spree buying a few things to set up my tiny home. Just starting things. Not much space and it will take a few outings before I know what are must haves vs wants vs limited storage.

Raz, thanks. It's a done deal already. I did read that link aways back, and while I'm sure I forgot some things to check it did help.

Searching so long, I soon realized I needed to make compromises to get what I wanted. Fairly new was important. Check! Small and light. Check! 2 "wants but willing to go without" are included: Solar panels on the roof and an awning.

A/C I really wanted but, no, darn. Will have to decide if I need it and if so, add that and a generator later. I don't compete much in the summer with my mega furry dogs. Still, I suspect that the few times I need it I will really need it. Time will tell.

The biggest compromise was no bath. Portapotty it will be, then. I went back and forth on this all the time. Takes space in a tiny trailer, and I'm not big on the dumping aspect. But then, I am going to miss a shower after a dog agility competition day.

The trade off for no bath that I do love is bunk beds. My 3 dogs can use the lower bunk to spread out. I can use the top bunk to put things out of their reach.
RobinKees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:56 PM   #25

Name: walmart
Trailer: 2006 casita 17' spirit deluxe
California
That is Fantastic!.... You will love it!... a very nice trailer. Congratulations!
walmart jonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:42 PM   #26
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
With opening windows on 4 sides and a window fan who needs AC ? Good luck, Raz
Attached Images

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:28 PM   #27

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Robin, I agree with Raz: the Trillium is a great design. Every small trailer ought to have windows like that! When I heard they might be building them here in AZ, I was eyeing a 15'er myself. Alas, it was not to be, and I have heard about the build issues and lack of warranty support. Disappointing, but not uncommon in start-ups. But even if you have to deal with some things yourself, in the end you'll have a really nice trailer. With any RV purchase, whatever the make or condition, it's a good idea to do some driveway camping, or a few days close to home, as a shake-down before you take any major trips. Again, congratulations on your new trailer! Your furry friends should be grateful.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote