Hello from Utah - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #1

Name: Heather
Trailer: in the market
Utah
Hello from Utah

Hi Everyone, My name is Heather and I just joined the forum. My husband, dog and I are in the market for a fiberglass trailer. We are new to the travel trailer world and are very excited. We think we are looking for something in the 19 foot range, but are still figuring things out. Thanks for all the helpful posts on this site!
HeHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #2

Name: Eric and Sharon
Trailer: Burro
Ohio
Registry
Welcome Heather, husband and dog! We are new too and have a traveling dog! My wife and I just got a 75 Burro to restore. Hopefully we will head from Ohio out West next September. Utah will probably be our second big destination!
Eric Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:02 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Minimalist

Many FG people have moved up from tenting. We are one of them. As such we tend to be minimalists. It seems unusual to me that people want a lightweight, mega trailer. That is sort of like looking for a place in the country near a shopping mall.
We love our 13' and wouldn't think of having anything else. It is like it isn't there when driving, and if I can u-turn the car, the trailer has no effect. Y-turns are not so easy, however. LOL
Also, I have more than once dropped the jaws of 30-40 foot tailer owners when I pull the trailer to the car when hitching up. Admittedly, I no longer have to do that because our new TV has a back-up camera.
But anything you have to do with the trailer, from cleaning, inside and out, to moving, etc. 13' makes it so much less work. We have heard of the trailer disease, "Two footitis" where people think, "If only I had two more feet of trailer."
Good luck in whatever you end up doing.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:19 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Heather, you could look at many different brands of Fiberglass travel trailers
at a rally such as this one in your state.

Moab, Utah, USA
Last Updated by C on Jun 15
May 8 -11, 2014 - Moab Meet - Bureau of Land Management - Gold Bar Group site. Check the Meet section of Fiberglassrv.com for more details. Gold Bar
Gold Bar Arch
Moab, UT
(435) 719-2299
nps.gov/arch/index.htm
The next gathering will be updated later, and you could find it by looking in the tab "More" in the upper right corner of this page.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:42 AM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome Heather, I agree, a rally is a great place to see different rigs.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:54 AM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
I know what you mean Roger about Y turns. Done many but well...most of the time it's easier to just go around the block. My ex used to get a bit angry that I would get in lane for an exit a mile before it came up. MMM driving big rigs people don't want to give an inch to let you in. Kind of carried over to the personal cars.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #7

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
I think 19' is a nice size. Room for a permanent bed, galley, head , and dinette.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:18 PM   #8

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
A 19' Escape is a very nice and popular trailer on this forum ..... if the number of folks who have bought then over the last couple of years is any indication. :-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote