Hello From WI! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #1

Name: Jen
Trailer: 2008 13ft Scamp 2nd owner
Wisconsin
Registry
Hello From WI!

Hello All,

My husband(Jay) and I are completely new to owning a trailer. Previously, we have only been camping in tents. We have admired eggs for about 5 yrs give or take. After much discussion of our wants and basic needs, 6 mo ago we decided to take the plunge at getting one. However, after looking at several 25 - 35 yr old scamps, we realized we were looking for something new or newer. Just too many variables when your completely 'green' to the whole camper scene. Add to that our long list of wanted items... Fridge, furnace, and A/C of some sort at the very least. We knew we would be hard pressed and were debating on just ordering want we wanted.

After a few months of searching locally and with Thanks to this forum and it's great members, we recently purchased a 2008 13 ft Scamp. While visiting friends and family members, I purchased on a Fri and the next Mon, drove the 500+ miles home. For the first time towing anything more than a utility trailer... and thru Chicago no less, I think all went great!

That Wed. for the Labor Day weekend we made our maiden voyage to a family favorite.. Mauthe Lake WI State Park. Myself, husband, our 2 beagles (10 and 15 yrs old), and my retired mother stayed in the camper. All was fabulous (even if it was a bit squishy) as it rained at least a bit everyday... with heavy rains and thunderstorms one night. I just kept saying I'm soo glad I'm not in a tent. We did pitch our faithful 25 yr ol' tent for coolers and luggage, etc. and one morning found about 1/4 of it filled with a lovely puddle.We used the 30 amp hookups, the battery, refridgerator, Fantastic fan, and A/C...but neither the water or propane items yet.

We are still just feeling our way through. We do have plans to take another trip the first weekend in Oct. Between now and then, we will be testing out more of the amenities that our Scamp offers. We are very excited and hope to make it to a rally at some point in the future.

Sorry, I got long winded... but that's typical for me.

Happy Travels,

Jen
jalanjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Just think: that would have been you, in the tent, with the puddle. Woohoo! So glad you could be high and dry in your new Scamp! BTW I like you choice in dogs. We hope to see pictures of the Scamp and of the beagles!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hey Jen, long winded works when you sound so excited! I'm with Mike, post pictures when you can... and BTW Welcome to FiberglassRV.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #4

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
Jen, Welcome to a fellow Wisconsinite, where in WI are you located? Hope to see pictures!
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #5

Wisconsin
Registry
We currently live in Beaver Dam, WI.

Like a proud momma , Here are a few pictures of the beagles.

Neither are hunters, tho the older one is a GREAT tracker (too bad he is gunshy)

Jay (DH) took him hunting once... LOL... took him over an hour to get him as he took off into the marsh.

Snickers is 15 and Connor is 10
Attached Thumbnails
Snickers.jpg   Connor.jpg  

Snickers2.jpg   Connor1.jpg  

Old 09-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #6

Wisconsin
Registry
And one photo of our 2008 Scamp.

I've tagged it the Taj MaTent
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanjen View Post
I've tagged it the Taj MaTent
Love the name!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #8

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
Great to see some fellow "Cheeseheads" on here. Great Scamp. I fell in love with Scamps when I was about 12 and my aunt and uncle had one. Always wanted one of my own and finally found my own this year, not a Scamp but a very rare (so I have found out) Cloud. I am loving it. I want to attend a gathering of Fiberglass campers as well; I hope there are some good ones planned for next year.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote