Hello I am Jesse - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-26-2016, 12:10 PM   #1

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1978 Boler
British Columbia
Hello I am Jesse

I have made use of the forums on a number of occasions while working on my trailer. My family and I purchased a boler four years ago and thoroughly enjoyed camping in it. I have two young daughters and the bunks have been perfect for them.

Now they are getting older, the boler is getting a little cramped and my wife would really like a washroom. So I thought I would try to solicit the forum's assistance to see if there might be another fiberglass trailer that would satisfy our wish list. I have tried on my own to see if a current manufacturer makes a trailer like we want but haven't found one. I have come to the conclusion that it may not exist.

So does anyone know of a fiberglass trailer that has two bunks or two separate beds plus the main bed and a dry bathroom?

I would like to keep the trailer as small as possible, as we do not feel we need a ton of space as we are used to using the boler.
Jesmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Go here:

Escape Trailer Industries – Chilliwack, British Columbia

But, I don't think you are going to find a dry bath in any compact trailer.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Hello I am Jesse

A dry bathroom is the hardest requirement. The two largest Bigfoots (21' and 25') are currently the only molded fiberglass models with a dry bath. If you can live with a wet bath Escape has a bunk option on the 17B model.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #4

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Settling for a wet bath, in addition to the Escape 17B, there's also the Parkliner, which has a very good bunk option, and the Bigfoot 17' Gaucho model with bunks. I'm not aware that Oliver has anything that would work.
Maybe some larger Escape and Bigfoot models could have dry baths.

Walt
Old 09-27-2016, 08:33 PM   #5

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
On request, Scamp will build their 16 foot Deluxe A with the sofa/bunk-beds up front instead of the front dinette. That is what our Scamp salesman (Wayne Pitlick) told me.

Good luck! 😊

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:58 PM   #6

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the Market
Virginia
Daggone I love this group. There are always so many great folks willing to help. Bravo, you all made my day!
mbbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:19 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdickens View Post
On request, Scamp will build their 16 foot Deluxe A with the sofa/bunk-beds up front instead of the front dinette...
The standard side bath (layout 4) has the same functionality and a lower cost, except the dinette bed is narrower (45" versus 54"). There's a decent chance of finding a used standard layout 4.

Scamp bunks are weight limited to about 120 pounds. (I say "about" because there is no official rating from Scamp. I've heard numbers from 80 pounds to 150 pounds (that's what a guy in the parts department at Scamp told me on the phone ). I've had my 160 pounds on it and nothing creaked, bent, or broke, but 120 pounds sounds more plausible. That number was reported by a forum member who visited the Scamp factory and spoke with the production manager.) Something to consider as your kids grow: most bunks being weight-limited, except...

Parkliner, mentioned in an earlier post, has adult sized and rated bunks. Their queen is a full 60" wide, too. But they're pretty far from you.

Bed size is also something to consider as you compare options. There is no standard for RV beds as there is for residential mattresses. Many beds designated "double" or "queen" are smaller than standard. You have to ask. Both beds in the Bigfoot gaucho layout are pretty narrow: 44" and 48" as I recall.

Given proximity and the unfavorable exchange rate to buy a US product, I still think Escape might be your best bet to buy new, or a Bigfoot or Boler 17'er if you're planning to shop used.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:57 PM   #8

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1978 Boler
British Columbia
I just wanted to say thanks for all of the information and recommendations. I will have a look at the Bigfoot lineup as a dry bath is a must, but thanks you guys are great.
Jesmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:56 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Note that a wet bath is dry most of the time. It's only wet if you take a shower and a squeegee and sponge take care of that ( and, you've cleaned the bathroom ).
Old 09-30-2016, 07:50 PM   #10

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesmor View Post
I will have a look at the Bigfoot lineup as a dry bath is a must, but thanks you guys are great.
Why? Even my current 22' trailer does not have a dry bath.

I actually turned down one with a dry bath as having it meant giving up on other things (such as the large bed size) due to the space the dry bath takes up.

I had a Scamp 16' side bath that had bunks up front and work well camping with two adults and 2 kids.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote