Hello I’m new and have a question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #1

Name: Christopher
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Hello I’m new and have a question

Hi there I am a new owner of a 75 13ft Boler
I’m fixing it up and can’t figure out where to buy trim for the rock gaurd and around the door! Mine is deteriorated and automotive door trim doesn’t seem to be deep enough!
Any info would help thanks!!
Taybolers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:55 PM   #2

Name: Shari
Trailer: Boler 13 77
Florida
boler parts

Most Scamp parts will fit your boler. Scamptrailers.com has a parts store, you can find door trim there as well as other items. Campingtreasures.com also has parts for the boler.
Sharylmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:00 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Go to perfectfit.com and look under "weatherstrip-trims. Might be something there you can use.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #4

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
When you say "trim," do you mean the rubber strip that fits into a groove?

If you DO mean the rubber gasket cover strip...

Our strips were shrunken and deteriorated, and a Previous Owner had painted over the belly band portion with brown enamel paint so that it was brittle and crackling and cleaning it looked like a nightmare. We couldn't readily find quite what we needed and searched around quite a bit. Also we were fixing up the whole trailer and cost was an issue.

Finally we just cleaned & painted INSIDE the groove with black enamel, over the newly-replaced and well-sealed screw heads.

Photo shows rear window with paint inside the channel, not rubber. If you're restoring to vintage, then this isn't right. But for merely camping, you can do it however you like, and you don't even have to have a reason.

The trim strip is ONLY decorative. It doesn't even protect the screws, as it holds dirt and moisture up against them constantly. The paint looks about as nice. Good enough, anyway. At least we think so. As we say here, YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary. Or, To Each His Own. (Though we never write, TEHO...though we could.)

Good luck with your fix-ups and happy camping!

BEST
Kai
Attached Thumbnails
Peanut 8 2016 F.jpg  
Old 07-07-2018, 08:45 PM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Welcome :

Hi Chris: Our '73 Boler has standard edge trim around the 'rock guard' over the front window. But, we have nothing on the door edge. Our door has a standard weather sponge-like trim glued to the trailer (shell) itself, where the door closes against the shell. Both items are likely available at your nearest Lowes, Home Depot or even Home Hardware - and likely way less expensive that the same items at any RV dealer. BTW - Welcome to the Ontario groups of FGRVers. There are well over 250 such Ontario owners that have posted recently on this site. "Where's yu at ? - Paul Newmeister at Sebringville is the FGRV 'guru' for Ont."
Old 07-07-2018, 11:10 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taybolers View Post
Hi there I am a new owner of a 75 13ft Boler
I’m fixing it up and can’t figure out where to buy trim for the rock gaurd and around the door! Mine is deteriorated and automotive door trim doesn’t seem to be deep enough!
Any info would help thanks!!
Welcome to FGRV. Just wanted to give you a hint that will help us out to help you. Most times it makes things a lot easier if folks post pictures of items in question .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:35 AM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
FYI Scamp prefers to deal on the phone and will charge shipping for only what's needed if you call. The web site uses USP flat rates. Also the parts guys are usually quite knowledgeable about their parts.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:56 AM   #8

Name: Christopher
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Thanks!

This forum is great I will post a picture of exactly what I mean soon thanks for all the info!!!
Taybolers is offline   Reply With Quote