hello, im new about to buy my first scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-23-2016, 10:29 PM   #1

Name: tami
Trailer: currently shopping
Michigan
hello, im new about to buy my first scamp

I just signed up a minute ago. Im about to purchase my first fiberglass trailer and im a green horn. when I try to find the value at nada there is no info for the year on my hopeful purchase. I think the asking price is high. I just don't want to be taken advantage of. is there a better way to find the value?
janey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:42 PM   #2

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Welcome Janey please check out this thread. The same applies to Nada prices, N/A, good luck in your search

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post583566
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:09 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: Casita
California
I don't know about all fiberglass trailers, but with Casita's NADA values are far less than they go for in the real world. What make, model and year are you looking at?
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 12:21 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by janey View Post
I just signed up a minute ago. Im about to purchase my first fiberglass trailer and im a green horn. when I try to find the value at nada there is no info for the year on my hopeful purchase. I think the asking price is high. I just don't want to be taken advantage of. is there a better way to find the value?
Welcome to FGRV. NADA $ doesn't work for molded trailers. Maybe you could let us know what you're looking at and the price being asked. There is a "sold" section on this site that will show you what different trailers sold for. BTW, what are you planning to use as a tow vehicle?
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
We sold our 1985 Scamp standard, well cared for with some upgrades for $4800, we paid $3500 in '06 for her. Everything worked on her but she was smoky and dirty when we finally saw her...an eBay purchase. Ugh! Forgot to ask if it belonged to a smoker! But folks were sweet n helpful so we took her home. It's what they aren't telling that's th key! Look on our For Sale listings to see what units are going for. 90% of th time folks get their asking price because they are so sought after! If you like it and they can't make you a deal it's your call to buy or keep looking.
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:44 AM   #6

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Here is the buying selling check list:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/buy-sell.html
It does not have a line for owner-smoker, but it had one for "smells".
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:09 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
NADA means nada when it comes to all-molded-towables. If you think you'll buy any molded towable by whatever NADA says a particular all-molded towable should be worth, you'll be greatly disappointed.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp