Hello - looking for my first fiberglass trailer - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #41

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
To be fair to Bigfoot and Oliver, while their prices are at the top end, they are true four season trailers. Now if you don't need a four season trailer, that aspect may not be that important. But it drives up the price. Myself, we are not interested in camping in really cold weather. But if we lived somewhere further north, it might be more important.
my escape 21 was ordered with the additional insulation, double pane windows, and underneath foam, so its pretty close to true 4-season. certainly, on a cold night, the heater runs a LOT less often than it did on our much smaller Casita 16. its also a lot quieter inside than the Casita, which we really appreciated the night we spent in a road-side rest area, not far from about 50 semi-trucks idling all night long..

Now, what it doesn't have is insulated/heated propane tanks, that would be required for camping in sub zero conditions where propane's partial pressure drops to practically nothing.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:27 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Here's the truck, trailer and Dirk at SolarFest last summer. Spike the cat is hiding inside under the blankets. He wasn't as thrilled about the trip as we were.
HAH! The SolarFest in Madras OR? We were there too, but we had a full hookup site inside the Fairgrounds, reserved almost 2 years in advance. We got there Thursday, beating the traffic, and didn't leave til Tuesday...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #43

Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
We ended up with an Oliver Elite 2 and we love it.
The 7' width is a big plus when towing. It tracks in almost exactly the same tire paths as my Ram truck, is easy to see around with standard mirrors and it is MUCH easier to keep in a lane than an 8' wide trailer. It will fit anywhere my truck will and we get into some mild off roading and narrow dirt roads. It is also very streamlined so it tows easily.
It has a long tongue, so the front jack doesn't interfere with P/U tailgates while hooked up. It's so nice to be able to drop the tailgate anytime and get at the gear.
They have three built in electric jacks, so you do all the leveling from the front with three buttons. No hand cranking or additional stabilizers needed.
Olivers are well insulated and have double pane glass, so they work well in winter, but they also work well in summer and tend to stay an even temp in both situations. Ducted heat and inside tanks help with winter use.
There is no hanging down sewer plumbing underneath which always bugged me on other trailers I've had.
They have a very large battery capacity and the battery weight is carried directly over the axles.
You can get them with two twin beds (30" wide each) or in a King configuration.
You never have to worry about wood floor problems because there isn't any wood in the floors.
The frames cannot rust because they are aluminum.
I'm 6'2" tall and have no problems with bed length or ceiling height.

Am I beginning to sound like an advertisement?
Old 01-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #44

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
Am I beginning to sound like an advertisement?
I’m sold!
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #45

Name: ginette & ron
Trailer: 2008 25RB 21 Bigfoot
Ontario
We full tome in a 21’ Bigfoot, towed with 1500 ecodiesel Ram. Very happy. More width than most fiberglass trailers and good height. Full bathrm and seperate shower. Double axel with lots of weight carting ability. Works beautifully for us.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:24 PM   #46

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Hey Bob, "Kowtz"

If you don't mind, what drew you to the Scamp 13' from the A Liner, A frame trailer. A friend is liking the idea of an A frame to overnight in place before long day hikes in the Colorado mountains. Pros & cons, please. -Tom
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote