Hello to all - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #1

Name: Paul
Trailer: in the market
Ontario
Hello to all

Hello to all. I am a married grandpa looking to relax through camping and travel. I have been looking around and decided to join. I don't have a camper yet and the important word is yet. I am gaining knowledge as to what interests me before I buy one. I look forward to chatting with you.

Paul
pauly42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Hi Paul, and welcome to the site.

Lots of good information to read up on in all the older threads to be sure. Use the search functions for specific topics. A moulded fiberglass trailer is a great way to travel and see things.

Enjoy your research, it can be good fun, then fire away with any questions you still may have, and you will get lots of good responses from the members here.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #3

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
welcome, paul!! you have stepped into the right ring. you'll learn a ton here, meet many new friends and before you know it, you'll have the opportunity to purchase a trailer to take camping.
where abouts in ontario are you? if you are southern, there are usually lots to choose from fairly locally.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Hi Paul,
One of the best ways to deciding which camper you want is to see them in person, at rv shows and at rally get togethers. Not many f/g units at rv shows but there are rallies in Canada scheduled for this year, 2-3 of them within a 2 hour drive. Escape is having one in Niagara Falls, On in September, There is another one in May and June I believe also. Here is the link to a map, click on 2013 map and see all the rallies near you. Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Upcoming) - Fiberglass RV
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome Paul. Do you know what you will use for a tow vehicle? This can help guide you.

Plus we love to argue endlessly over towing capacity.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #6

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Good to have you aboard Paul. Where are you located in Ontario ?
We have4 quite a few Egg owners in Ontario and sure you may be located near one of us.
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #7

Ontario
I'm in Niagara Falls so the wainfleet meet looks good and a tow vehicle is not picked out either. I went to a seminar at the congress centre trailer show in toronto and I agree with thier (Can am in London) views on towing.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly42 View Post
.......... I went to a seminar at the congress centre trailer show in toronto and I agree with their (Can am in London) views on towing.
Uh oh.......... They are a hot topic here. Personally, I think they know what they are doing. Other people are skeptical.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #9

Ontario
I understand your concerns, but with proper setup and modern additions added towing capacity is no problem, but I really like the jeep grand cherokee and with a tow capacity of 7000 lbs definetly no problem.