Hello! We are Jamie, Stacey, and Lawrence - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-02-2015, 07:47 PM   #1

Name: Jamie
Trailer: 74 Boler
British Columbia
Hello! We are Jamie, Stacey, and Lawrence

Hello all,

We purchased our 74 Boler 13 about a year and a half ago after our son was born. We're experienced backpackers but wanted a bit more comfort for our trips after 4 straight days of rain stuck in a tent with a 5 week old and 2 dogs.

Not fun.

So we bought ourselves a boler and haven't looked back. We love our egg and often have mini-camp outs just in the driveway.

But this winter I'd like to tackle some pressing issues, as well some things to make our time in the trailer just that much more special.

First off is the frame. I've done the research and yes I see a small crack on the driver side a-frame joint. There is also a bit of a grinding sound coming from the wheel (also drivers side). I'm guessing this is an axle issue as there is definitely clearance around the tire.

We live in Victoria BC. Anyone know a good local place to deal with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
goodjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:09 AM   #2

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Welcome, Jamie, Stacey and Lawrence! Sounds as if a Boler was just what you needed!

Hopefully someone will point you to a place.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:59 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to the group....we have answers for your questions, keep them coming. The sound you are hearing may be a wheel bearing. Tire age and bearings being serviced are the first thing a new egg owner should take care of to start a maintenance list for the future. Tires after about 5 years old should probably be changed out for new ones. Bearings checked and repacked around once a year as it's easy. Those two things will make your travels much more stress free. You mention a frame issue, that would be the next thing to look into, maybe even first. A good welding/trailer shop (not an RV center) should be able to square it away for you. Ian, our Boler expert and others will be along soon. Good camping to you .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #4

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Hello, and welcome.

I can highly recommend Custom Hitch & RV Service Ltd, in Langford near Luxton Rodeo Grounds. They have gone above and beyond for us a couple of times. They put in our new axle and have done a new hitch for us as well. We also use Fennels RV out by Six Mile Pub, but they do not do welding.

Hope to see you at one of our gatherings.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #5

Name: Jamie
Trailer: 74 Boler
British Columbia
Thanks for the advice Claire. I've been in touch with Sarah and will hopefully get our boler out there soon

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
goodjamie is offline   Reply With Quote