Hello! We're Jason & Debbi from Chicago - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2015, 06:23 PM   #1

Name: Jason
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Hello! We're Jason & Debbi from Chicago

Hey fellow fiberglass RV enthusiasts!

My name is Jason and my wife is Debbi.

We're new to the fiberglass camper world. We recently purchased a 13' 1982 Scamp back in March. My wife and I started a new business this season operating a mobile mini golf course that travels to fairs and festivals which we call Amazeballs Amusements.

We purchased our Scamp in hopes of using it as our mobile office / vending kiosk. After our first event Memorial Day weekend we realized we're going to need to upgrade to a box truck or school bus so unfortunately we need to offer it up for sale.

It comes completely refurbished with ...

- New wheels
- New axle
- New suspension
- New Front and Rear Windows
- New 2" ball hitch
- New hardwood flooring
- New fridge
- New microwave
- New A/C
- New cushions/upholstery/pillows
- New dimming lighting
- New awning
- New brake lights
- Fresh marine grade quality paint

The previous owner removed the two burner stove and replaced with a cutting board and all appliances are electric.

The dinette converts into a full bed and couch converts into 2 bunk beds.

It towed perfectly 6+ hours from Southern Indiana to Chicago. Recently we towed for 6+ hours over Memorial Day weekend again with no problems at all.

It was fully-inspected by Art's RV in Glen Ellyn, Illinois in April 2015 where we had a hole patched on drivers underside. It has no leaks. We discovered it may require new electrical ground wiring and found that the new suspension may have been mounted 1/4" slightly off but that it does not effect towing or performance.

As we purchased this camper restored and we didn't do any of the restoration, appliance installation or any other work to it ourselves, its tough to answer many specifics in regards to the craftsmanship or methods of repair/refurbishment but we'll be pleased to supply as many photos as possible and answer as many questions as we can.

We purchased it on eBay for 5,600.00 and put an additional 900.00 into it so we're hoping to get 6,500.00 (or best offer) to try to at least recapture what we have invested. We're located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago (approx. 45 minutes outside the city). Please reach out if you're interested in discovering more.
Jason Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote