Help....seller wants to back out after all this...!! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #41

Name: george
Trailer: FunFinder
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailanneM View Post
Wow. Good advice. Thank you for taking the time & effort to put it all down like that. I will read & re-read it several times! Thanks again!
As you are doing your homework on buying a trailer, if you do actually decide to buy one that is not roadworthy, check among your friends to see if some one has a flatbed trailer and truck, that you could take to retrieve a fixer upper. You might just know someone that has the equipment, time and skills to do this, and sometimes folks will do it for a friend for as cheaply as you covering their costs.
There is more than one way to get something small like a FG trailer home !
gmw photos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #42

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
Quote:
The seller of the 1978 Fiber Stream now wants to back out of the sale. This after we had a verbal agreement over the phone & email, and I have spent money on modifications to my tow vehicle, not to mention all the time & energy spent on research for this particular trailer & trailers of this specific type. He delayed our meet one week already because he was having a systems check done.

I am just sick to my stomach.

All this at 11pm the day before I was to go up to redding to take delivery!

He states that the expense of the bearings being repacked & the wiring not being in working order makes him now want to sell it to someone locally, "as is". Previously, he offered to pull it to redding to meet me & do the deal there.

I have very limited budget for up front price & wanted to get a fixer in my (low!) price range that I could work on as I had the funds & could put lots of time into, as opposed to money.

I had set aside money to have an rv friend do the rewiring as soon as I got it down as far as Sacramento area. I also figured the tires would need to be replaced fairly soon. None of the other items on the systems check he had done (for$170) were big surprises; ie. the frame IS in good shape, the oven doesn't work, the kitchen faucet has a small leak.

It does not seem very likely that another FGRV w a shower/bathroom will come along in my price range & local area very soon.....

The seller says he is open to solutions & apologized ......

What alternatives do you think would be fair/equitable/acceptable?

Still stunned & reeling from the shock....

--gailanneM
You didn't beg him for a..FREE ONE, did you? So, just forget ab the...sucker and move on. Your case is still not as bad as mine, happened years ago. The man at 25miles away agreed to sell me his utility trailer. Before leaving home I made phone call to him and he was OK to meet at his home. By the time I came to his home, he didn't answer the door, not answer his phone either. I waited in front of his home until his son coming home from work and found out the..story. The son came out tell me his Dad changed his mind. Well, I said at least make a phone call to let me know, do not just make me driving 25miles to his home and everything was quiet and I told him I didn't beg from him a FREE STUFF, do not treat people like that. I went home and the...NEXT DAY, started making my OWN trailer. Where I used to live before, the Honda and Toyota dealership located within sights each other. I got a Honda Civic(ordered from them) at Honda dealer. After 6 years of driving, one time brought in for service, they overcharged me and didn't do the good work. That same day before leaving Honda dealership, I told the manager there that within next week I will order a BrandNew Toyota just few steps away and I did that. I even visit Honda dealership with my brand new Toyota, -order, not in the show room-and with big smile in my face!
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #43

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Wow. Good advice. Thank you for taking the time & effort to put it all down like that. I will read & re-read it several times! Thanks again!
Your welcome and good luck! It's the least I could do for someone with dog agility for an avatar.

The flatbed trailer to bring it home is also a good suggestion. Having local mechanic or shop work on it would be good both from accountability standpoint if repair is not right or still has issues, it's local to take it back in. Plus a chance to find a good shop and establish a relationship with them.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote