Hey All! New RVer here!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #1

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2004 Starcraft Starflyer
Ontario
Smile Hey All! New RVer here!!!

Hey RVers!

I just bought my very first RV! I know it's just an A-Frame pop up camper, but I'm proud of it!

I've never done the RV thing, but have always been an outdoorsman and love to camp. Not a hunter though, not a huge fan of killing things.

Recently I relocated from Calgary for a job offer just North of Toronto. Currently I live in Kettleby, which is a small town just North of the City.

Looking forward to talking with all you!! and learning some great new spots!

The pic is of my exact Camper. Not mine, haven't had a good day to take the pics yet, but that's my baby! Got it for $3995.00 in Owen Sound. Was that a relatively good deal? I know it's older, but it sleeps myself and my fiancee rather well.

-Aaron
alittle121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Welcome aboard, Aaron. This is a great site to learn the where, when, what and how of trailer camping. Most of us have a strong interest in lightweight, molded fiberglass, towable RVs. According to the site mission statement, that is as it should be. But it's not all we have in our heads so ask questions, share experience, learn, help others, enjoy.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Good luck with your new trailer and camping north of Toronto. Always loved to camp in that area. One of my favorite spots was BONNIE LAKE.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
We have vacationed (hotels) up by the Bruce Penninsula, and the area is lovely. I haven't researched campgrounds, but I'm sure there are many in that area. Enjoy your new purchase and congratulations! Make sure that you check out the A-Frame Camper forums that are online also, because they will have info that is specific to your camper.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #5

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2004 Starcraft Starflyer
Ontario
Unhappy Help! Mice Problem!

Can anyone tell me how to prevent mice in my A-Frame? I was doing a winter inspection last night and found droppings and chewed up cardboard and other things in the cabinetry. I took a look at the undercarriage and it looks to have some damage as well. This is my baby and I just bought it! A friend told me about how to keep mice out of my camper. He suggested using a company called mouse free. Has anyone tried this company? Someone Help!!

-Aaron
alittle121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
In my opinion, cheaper is better and I'd try the simpler approach first before I'd pay someone to do it. You might also want to check with a popup camper forum for tips and techniques that might be specific to your camper. Here's a few mouse-proofing tips from this forum
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...age-54909.html
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #7

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Get some ONE-Bite from a farm store. It has peanut butter and other killer stuff in it. Works well mice love the taste and then they run outside for water.
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote