Hey from Nashville - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #1

Name: Susan
Trailer: Teardrop
Tennessee
Hey from Nashville

Hey there. I live just outside Nashville, TN. We have a home built (not the original owner) teardrop trailer we camp in as much as possible. We upgraded from backpacking/tent camping. Now we want to make our journeys longer and need something more livable because we are all about the outdoors and small spaces. I've researched A LOT of travel trailers and always come back to the egg-type, so I thought it was time to join you all instead of just lurking.

I'm headed to see a 1985 16ft Casita this evening as a potential project. Please feel free to check out my thread in the Money Matters section and give me your advice.

Thanks for having me on your forum! It's been such an informative site.
Pixie Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:37 PM   #2

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Susan,

Welcome! We live in Bowling Green about an hour north of Nashville. We have owned our new to us Casita for about 10 months and have camped about 30 nights in it so far with about 10 more to go. Laura and I love it!

Keep us posted on the Casita 16'.

Take care,

Dean
Old 09-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #3

Name: Susan
Trailer: Teardrop
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCHS1980 View Post
Hi Susan,

Welcome! We live in Bowling Green about an hour north of Nashville. We have owned our new to us Casita for about 10 months and have camped about 30 nights in it so far with about 10 more to go. Laura and I love it!

Keep us posted on the Casita 16'.

Take care,

Dean

Woo wee! That lil thing was going to have to be someone else's project. Just glad I didn't fall through the floor!
Pixie Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:59 PM   #4

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Susan,

LOL. Looks like you did well to run away from that one. Keep looking. You will a great egg!

Take care,

Dean
Old 09-22-2016, 12:11 PM   #5

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Hey Susan- another one here who came from ultra light canoing and backpacking! Still awaiting word on when to expect my SNOOZY as well as as searching for a new to us tow vehicle. We are not handy people, so even tho we have limited funds we decided brand new was best for us.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Money Matters section???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Susan View Post
Hey there. I live just outside Nashville, TN. We have a home built (not the original owner) teardrop trailer we camp in as much as possible. We upgraded from backpacking/tent camping. Now we want to make our journeys longer and need something more livable because we are all about the outdoors and small spaces. I've researched A LOT of travel trailers and always come back to the egg-type, so I thought it was time to join you all instead of just lurking.

I'm headed to see a 1985 16ft Casita this evening as a potential project. Please feel free to check out my thread in the Money Matters section and give me your advice.

Thanks for having me on your forum! It's been such an informative site.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:56 PM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
Money Matters section???
It's in the community forums section of the boards. If you click on the "Forums" tab without choosing a category, you will see that there are actually more sub-forums than appear in the drop-down menu.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Money Matters.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	99987
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:02 PM   #8

Thanks Jon. Never looked in that area before.

[QUOTE=Jon in AZ;610128]It's in the community forums section of the boards. If you click on the "Forums" tab without choosing a category, you will see that there are actually more sub-forums than appear in the drop-down menu.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:03 PM   #9

From what you described in "Money Matters", I'd be scared to offer him $200 if I had to restore and use it myself! But that's just me. I prefer new stuff for use personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Susan View Post
Woo wee! That lil thing was going to have to be someone else's project. Just glad I didn't fall through the floor!