Hi ! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #1

Name: Marty
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
New York
Hi !

Just received a Trillium Jubilee from my brother. I traded a 1981 Yamaha Maxim 550 for it. Looks like he may have the better end of the deal.
It needs the floor boards replaced or at least 60-80% of them. Thinking do the whole thing. I just last night set it up on blocks under the four corners of the frame for a more stable work set up. Is this okay as far as the structure is concerned ?
Lots to do so better get at it. Fixed up the obvious leaks and hope to not find more. Pics soon.
It's 10 feet long on the inside. Do I measure from the tongue to the bumper to get the length ? Serial # JU 3300217
Thanks for a great forum !
Marty
ewemule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:47 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Welcome
Ask any question many good folks here. Enjoy your new rig.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewemule View Post
It's 10 feet long on the inside. Do I measure from the tongue to the bumper to get the length ?
Yep, you measure the whole thing. Sounds like you've got a 13' Trillium. Your trailer will be around for years and years, probably not the 1981 Yamaha Maxim 550 ... I think you got the better deal

Oh, welcome to FiberglassRV! Have any pictures to share? We'll be following your upgrades too
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Yamadog.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #5

New York
Trying to beat the rain !

Mowed all day. Got underneath and removed all but two (2) bolts to remove the floors. I think I've got the leaks beat. I'm not very positive, but got to start somewhere. I feel a near complete gutting will give me a peaceful easy feeling.
More as it happens. I'll try to post pics soon.
Thanks for the warm welcome !
Marty
Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking Careful what you remove.

Welcome. You got the better deal. A motorcycle doesn't give much shelter.

Be careful what you remove, the closet, the kitchen (both parts), and the four seats in the corners are glassed to the shell and are part of the structure.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #7

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
I definitely think you got the better deal. So what if you have to do some fixing. Most of us do; some more than you've described. Trailers are usually measured with the tongue included. Kinda sucks when you've got a small trailer! Good luck with your new egg, & welcome to FibreglassRV!
Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome to the forum,

We are having a rally of fiberglass campers in the Poconos! Hopefully you can make it this July. Check out the upcoming rally area, or send me a PM for info.

Congrats

Don
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to Bill Reilly
Marty

Welcome to the wonderful world of fiberglass trailer owners. You'll find this group extemely friendly and ready to assist with any of your questions.

I'm looking forward to pictures of your Jubilee. I purchased one in 2009 and after some work, took it to Alaska in 2010. I have recently bought another and am looking forward to working on it.

Clayton NY is not that far from Picton, Ontario. Perhaps some day I'll get a chance to visit and swap some ideas.

Bill Reilly
Picton, Ontario
Bill Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #10

New York
Wow ! Been a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Reilly View Post
Marty

Welcome to the wonderful world of fiberglass trailer owners. You'll find this group extemely friendly and ready to assist with any of your questions.

I'm looking forward to pictures of your Jubilee. I purchased one in 2009 and after some work, took it to Alaska in 2010. I have recently bought another and am looking forward to working on it.

Clayton NY is not that far from Picton, Ontario. Perhaps some day I'll get a chance to visit and swap some ideas.

Bill Reilly
Picton, Ontario
I've just recently had some time to get back at it. I'm wondering how the water in the reserve tank gets to the faucet ? Is there a pump that I'm ovrlooking ? I'm replacing water lines and will buy new "Ply" for the floor. It's been a great backup "nest". Got HIFi VHS and TV !
I'll try and get to it soon. Thanks gang !!
Marty
Old 09-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #11

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewemule View Post
I've just recently had some time to get back at it. I'm wondering how the water in the reserve tank gets to the faucet ? Is there a pump that I'm ovrlooking ? I'm replacing water lines and will buy new "Ply" for the floor. It's been a great backup "nest". Got HIFi VHS and TV !
I'll try and get to it soon. Thanks gang !!
Marty

Marty,

In some of these smaller campers, the thing on the sink that looks like a faucet handle is in reality a pump. If you are working from your storage tank it will act like a pump handle. Without seeing your example, I can only suggest that you try using it like a pump handle with some water in the tank to be drawn up. Good luck with it!

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #12

New York
Aha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
Marty,

In some of these smaller campers, the thing on the sink that looks like a faucet handle is in reality a pump. If you are working from your storage tank it will act like a pump handle. Without seeing your example, I can only suggest that you try using it like a pump handle with some water in the tank to be drawn up. Good luck with it!

Froggie
I think you've nailed it ! It does look like a pumper style. I've got the tank all cleaned out and will give it a try. Supposed to rain tomorrow, so good time to test this.
Thanks ! Marty