Hi - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-03-2021, 01:42 PM   #1

Name: Gail
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Hi

Hi I have an avocado 78 trillium. I want to remove the stove and heater and fridge. All have seen better days. I am in Ontario Canada.
I don't intend to cook inside but might make a tea.
I am open to suggestions
Creeky Sockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:15 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Depends on a couple of things:

- Do you want to install a new fridge, stove and/or furnace in the trailer?
- Do you want to be able to camp off the grid with any of the above appliances installed in the trailer?
- How much do you want to spend?
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:17 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Also congratulations on owning a Trillium. Very nice trailer. And welcome!

Share some pics of the Trillium if you get a chance.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:52 PM   #4

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Gail, They may have seen better days, but do they work?

In a 1978 Trillium, your fridge would be an RM211 absorption fridge. This works using either electricity, or propane. On propane, it will go for quite some time requiring no electrical power at all. It also has a small freezer, which many current small absorption fridges don’t. The replacement would cost you around $1000cdn. Since they don’t have any moving parts, (other than fluid) they can last a very long time. However they are kind of finicky and don’t like very hot days.

The stove is likely a Brown 2 burner propane stove. If you have the burner element grills than there is someone out there who wants them.

It is the furnace that I am really interested in. It is likely a Duo-Therm 65810-2. It is the only way you can heat your trailer, without the use of electricity. It was this style of furnace that interested me in Trillium trailers. However, they no longer are CSA, or DOT approved. Since they are essentially just a fire in a box, if you leave flammables in contact with the front of the furnace, (like a sleeping bag) it could start a fire.

You should really think about keeping both the furnace, and the fridge, if they work. If you don’t want them, there are people out there who would. Please don’t throw them away. I would give you $100 plus shipping for the gas valve in your furnace. If the exterior grill is in good condition, I would buy that as well.

It should be noted that an Avocado Trillium is probably not a 1978. To confirm, compare your serial number to this list:
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post680419
I developed that list because I purchased a Trillium that was registered as a 1979, but I was sure that was wrong, and I wanted to know what year it actually was. It turned out to be a 1973.

Lastly, I also look forward to pictures of your Trillium. What colour is the interior fibreglass? Is it also Avocado? Or is it Yellow, like my 1973 Avocado Trillium, that I refer to as the Cantaloupe? The other possibility is Colonial White.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:06 PM   #5

Ontario
I will take pics and share. I definately do not want the heater so you ate welcome go it. I live in Ontario Canada. I have camped from May to mid October in a tent so I don't need it and I am afraid of fire. I need to see if the fridge works but honestly I have an amazing 5 day cooler and a drink cooler.
Old 08-05-2021, 04:04 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeky Sockets View Post
I am afraid of fire.
How is your home heated?
Old 08-05-2021, 06:33 PM   #7

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
How is your home heated?
Glen, many houses are heated with electricity. As weird as that is. Don't get me started on, "Clean Electricity". Aren't a ton of homes in BC heated by Hydro?
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:30 AM   #8

Ontario
I have live in homes heated with gas propane and oil. My home of 36 yr is heated with hydro.
The heater is too close to the bed. I was watching a YouTube of an egg fest and someone replaced the heater with a tiny fireplace. Enclosed of course. It was so cool