Hi! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2022, 07:31 AM   #1

Name: Marian
Trailer: Casita
ME
Smile Hi!

Guess I kind of went out of order here. I should have introduced myself before asking my questions.
My husband and I became owners of a 2004 Casita SD 5 years ago upon retirement. I wish I could say we researched all the pros and cons of our purchase but happily it was just dumb luck and we have had a wonderful experience being Casita owners.
We live in the beautiful state of Maine and have both mountain and coastal camping opportunities. Life is good!
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:17 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome!

Similar story here. I was looking for a small tent trailer back in 2012. We missed out on several due to distance when I stumbled across a four year old 13’ Scamp for sale locally. Never dreamed there was a hard-sided option that could sleep four and weigh under 2000# fully loaded.

Like our pets, we didn’t find our Scamp, it found us!

Then I discovered this forum a couple of years later and learned what a treasure I had. It’s a great site: active, well moderated, great people, and helpful information.

We do desert and mountain camping in AZ, but our favorite is coastal camping in CA.

In my Maryland childhood my family vacationed regularly in Maine and the Maritimes. Alway nice to get out of summer heat in those pre-A/C days! Took my family there for a tour in 2019 (unfortunately, not camping). Things have changed a lot, but still beautiful. Hope to return with the Scamp as empty-nesters in a few years.

Happy camping!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #3

ME
Thanks, Jon AZ for your reply and welcome.
Old 05-22-2022, 04:32 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Hi Marian.
Welcome to the group! lots of information can be gathered here. I too live and camp in Maine but i work in a campground in NH.
I am the former Host of the Spring Fling in New England Rally that was just held last week and I am sure the new hosts would love to have you come to the Rally next year.
They are NHBoomers and can be found here on the site.
I hope to meet you on the road of at the rally next May.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 07:26 PM   #5

ME
Thank you Gerry. ��